It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

• mole popped up

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-27-2002, 09:28 AM   #1
    leaper

leaper HB User
    Post mole popped up

I recently had a mole to appear on my leg. I am one to be out in the sun a lot during the summer months and I will occassionally go to a tanning bed. I have never had a severe sunburn on my legs before. I tan more on my upper body (chest, arms & face). The mole is a little dark... but it hasn't grown any and it appears to be symmetrical. I haven't had any discoloration and it doesn't hurt at all. Is it normal for moles to just appear? I wouldn't say that I'm abusive when it comes to sunbathing and I don't go to tanning beds all that much. I'll probably go for a month to get a base down before I tan at the beach... it helps me to prevent from getting burnt outside when I go to a tanning bed beforehand.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2002, 08:32 PM   #2
    Karla
    Inactive

Karla HB User
    I just had a mole removed on my arm that came back as non cancer. The report said it was scar tissue. I asked the dr. what that meant. He said moles can start from mosquito bites, bumping into things, etc. I was shocked to learn this but it explained he said why I had several "new" moles appearing over the last couple years.

Old 03-15-2002, 06:14 AM   #3
    sdlann36

sdlann36 HB User
    Question

As a survivor of melanoma, I recommend that you not ignore this. I've learned from my experience that a key warning sign of possible skin cancer is a mole that "just appears". You should see a doctor or dermatologist (skin doctor):

Good luck

[This message has been edited by moderator3 (edited 04-10-2002).]

Closed Thread