It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

• Small Dark Freckle BETWEEN toes ..... Worry or no ???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-10-2002, 06:52 AM   #1
    MommyNeecey

MommyNeecey HB User
    Post Small Dark Freckle BETWEEN toes ..... Worry or no ???

I've got a small freckle (totally flat, smooth, and not raised) inbetween my baby toe and the next toe. I've had it as long as I can remember. However, I was once told that anything on the "extremities" is a danger sign.

I've had this checked by a regular doctor a number of years ago who said it was "nothing" - and I'm wondering - should I go to a dermatologist? It's about the size of the barrel of a pen - meaning it's not a little pinhead size ... but not huge ... you know?

Please let me know if I'm being a hypocondriac! LOL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2002, 04:49 PM   #2
    sam9

sam9 HB User
    Smile

Hi There,
    Its probably nothing but its not a bad idea to have a skin check (total body) once a year especially if you've had a lot of sun exposure.

Old 07-12-2002, 03:56 PM   #3
    all things
    (female)

all things HB User
    Our local news just had a health segment about skin cancer, and reiterated: normal moles are smaller than a pencil eraser, brown, smooth, and have an even border . Diabetics are prone to difficulties in their legs and feet, but I can't see a skin cancer on the foot, being any worse there, than anywhere else on the body if you aren't diabetic. And if you have had it for years, and it never changed, then it would seem to be benign. However the full body check is an excellent idea for anyone, and especially if you are fair, or had severe sunburns. My husband has what you would think would be a melanoma, but it's been there all is life, and is just an ugly mole.

Old 07-25-2002, 07:17 AM   #4
    LCarter
    (female)

LCarter HB User
    My 15 year old daughter had melanoma. Go to a good Plastic Surgeon who has knowledge of moles and have them checked out. I took my daughter to 3 doctors (one was a dermatologist) who said the mole was fine. The next doctor I took her to sliced it off and sent it in. It came back Melanoma. She then had to have the dye, surgery and 3 lymph nodes removed. The lymph nodes were negative and she is fine now. Go to another doctor, it took me 4 doctors before I got results.

Closed Thread