It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

• Dysplastic on biopsy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-26-2003, 06:33 PM   #1
    catzcar

catzcar HB User
    Post Dysplastic on biopsy

Hello everyone. My husband (age 42) had 2 moles/freckles taken off (one on his back and one on his stomach) about 2 weeks ago and the pathology report came back yesterday and they called to say he has to have surgery to removed them deeper...

so this coming Wed.he goes back to the dermatologist and he going to remove them 2 weeks apart...first one Oct.1 and the other Oct. 15...they explained it on the phone...they will cut football shape areas for each and cut down to the fatty layer and he'll have snitches inside and out..hes supposed to take it easy for 2 weeks and then go back to get the snitches removed...they said this is what needs to be done..
    We are both worried and not sure we understand all of this. Has anyone else ever had anything like this?

They only said the path report said they were dysplastic and I asked if that meant precancerous and the nurse said yes. Is that what it means and how will be know if they got it all if it is cancer. I have a freind whose husband passed away form melanoma and I'm so scared.
    Thanks for any info and help in advance.
    Debbie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2003, 09:46 AM   #2
    kgray

kgray HB User
    Smile

Dysplastic would mean that while they are not cancerous, they are possibly heading in that direction. Just feel good in knowing that they are getting them now instead of later.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Old 10-07-2003, 09:37 AM   #3
    lidia09
    Veteran
    (female)

lidia09 HB User
    Cool

Hi Catzcar
    I've had lots of moles removed by the football shaped thing they told you about. First they inject the area with local anaesthetic, which stings a bit but soon goes numb. Then they make an incision which looks like this () cutting a v shape down the way, stitch up the inside part, then the skin & that's it finished.

I had a malignant melanoma 5 years ago & had a large area removed by this method from my inner thigh. No sign of it since.

kgray & bsharro are absolutely right in what they say!

Best wishes.
    Lidia

Closed Thread