It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

• Scratch through mole

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-29-2005, 10:29 AM   #1
    (female)

1987 HB User
    Angry Scratch through mole

My puppy has just bit my arm today (common occurence) and I've noticed that she has broke through the skin, breaking through the edge of a mole on my arm. The mole itself is relatively small and of average appearance etc, but now has a small cut on its edge. It's causing a slightly larger amount of pain and discomfort than other cuts and bites she has given me, but maybe thats jsut because im focusing on it more. I'm thinking I should now get the mole removed. Am i now at increased risk of skin cancer?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2005, 11:24 AM   #2
    Ivana
    Inactive
    (female)

Ivana HB User
    Re: Scratch through mole

I wouldn't say that the dog bite would increase your likelyhood of developping skin cancer but if the mole is painful now then i suppose removing it would be better. If I were you i'd just get an overall skin chekup...i do it every year in case the doc finds something suspicious....otherwise i think you'll be just fine.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:32 PM   #3
    zoldanova
    (female)

zoldanova HB User

Hello Ivana,
    I have a question for you. I go to check up to dermatologist every 6 months for whole body check-up, and say onlu ones a year. Maybe I' don't have to go so often? I do have lots of moles and dysplastic nvi. Do you? What do you think. How often we should go to make sure.
    Zoldanova

QUOTE=Ivana]I wouldn't say that the dog bite would increase your likelyhood of developping skin cancer but if the mole is painful now then i suppose removing it would be better. If I were you i'd just get an overall skin chekup...i do it every year in case the doc finds something suspicious....otherwise i think you'll be just fine.[/QUOTE]

Old 03-29-2005, 02:48 PM   #4
    zoldanova
    (female)

zoldanova HB User

Hi,
    You should be fine. I had scratched mole before. Just to scratch mole will not develop cancer. Think about it, I go to dermatologist often and sometimes they shave the mole and send to laboratory, whoch what they actually doing is they are scratching the mole, and it is bleeding. I asked before my doctor,you are just hurting my mole this way, and she sad that this will not make the cancer active at all. You see dermatologist all over USA use this type of biopsy. SO don;t worry. However; if your mole will nto heal in a timly manner and go back to normla that you should go see docotr. Healthy moles should heal quicly and with no problems.
    Zoldanova

Closed Thread