It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

• I have a weird mole on my arm.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-29-2005, 02:24 PM   #1
    yumi6
    (female)

yumi6 HB User
    I have a weird mole on my arm.

I didn't even notice it when I first developed it...about 3 weeks ago. I thought it was a bug bite or something. Then I thought I burned myself somewhere but I never felt any pain when it happened or afterwards. Besides, if I burned myself it would turn from red to lighter. It turned from light to red. Now it's turning brownish and feels thicker and it's getting drier, I think. It's irreguarly shaped and pretty big. About a half inch.

I know I should go to a dermatologist but I hate doctors. I really don't want to go. And I know this is probably something stupid because I'm only 18, I've never tanned in my life, I sunburned only once when I was a child, and I don't have a history of any kind of skin cancer in my family.

I looked at all of these tumors online and my mole doesn't look like that. Mainly because it's not so dark and irregularly colored. It's like a reddish brown. Anyone have any experience with "weird" moles or can give me some advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2005, 11:15 PM   #2
    Belle2003
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Belle2003 HB User
    Re: I have a weird mole on my arm.

No one can diagnose your mole over the internet. An irregularly colored mole (not one solid color) can be suspicious. Any one at any age can get skin cancer. There is a two year old who has melanoma on her toe. I am sure that she did not have a lot of sun burns.

Even though you don't like doctors, you should make an appointment with the dermatologist for a mole check. It is totally painless and you will have peace of mind. Peace of mind is priceless and worth the co-pay.

Who knows what it can be being that it developed so quickly. Do yourself and your nerves a favor and make an appointment. When you get a clean bill of health you will feel so much better.

Closed Thread