It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

• Dry skin = Cancer?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-08-2008, 11:46 AM   #1
    BayRS
    (female)

BayRS HB User
    Dry skin = Cancer?

Hey,

About 7 months ago I went for the first time to get checked for skin cancer. I had a mole biopsied and it came back fine.

Now I have another problem. For months and months, I've had this weird spot on my foot. It was even there when I went to the dermatologist 7 months ago, but it's recently changed. It was a spot that was slightly red/pink in color, but the skin was just like the skin anywhere else on my foot. The woman who examined me asked about it and I told her it's been there for a while. She didn't seem that concerned.

But recently it's gotten flaky, like it's dry skin. It's flaky and very dry. It's making me nervous and I want to go to the dermatologist again, but I have no insurance. I'm just going to take the hit and go anyway, but I'm wondering what you guys think. Does it sound like skin cancer?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2008, 07:38 PM   #2
    mahnee
    (female)

mahnee HB User
    Re: Dry skin = Cancer?

Really there is no way to know other than a biopsy. I would suggest you have it looked at at the very least, perferably biopsied. My melanoma was on my foot so I am a little more cautious in that area now.

Hopefully all will be fine. Keep us posted.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:22 AM   #3
    Chele60
    Veteran
    (female)

Chele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB User
    Re: Dry skin = Cancer?

From what you are describing this doesn't sound like melanoma, but that doesn't rule out basal or squamus cell cancers. Then again, it could just be a dry, flakey patch of skin. It's rough being without insurance, but I would suggest having some one take a look at it, and perhaps having it biopsied. If it's just a patch of dry flakey skin they might just freeze it off, but you will have the peace of mind and that is worth the money!

Closed Thread