It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

• New here just had 7 moles removed

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-22-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
    paulcindy88
    (female)

paulcindy88 HB Userpaulcindy88 HB Userpaulcindy88 HB User
    New here just had 7 moles removed

Hi!!

I am 42 years old and I just had 7 moles removed yesterday. 5 being atypical, and two because I hated. The 5 that were atypical, were excised completely. I have stitches, and will be removed tomorrow. The other two were shaved off. All went to pathology and results should be back Friday or Monday. I had a plastic surgeon do it, and he was great.

I had three moles excised when I was 16 for cosmetic reasons, but were also atypical. No signs of anything.

I have had these atypical moles for a long time. I did not have any insurance so I finally got insurance and went in and had them done.

I am praying pathology comes back okay. He does not suspect melanoma. He thinks worse case scenario is Dysplatic Nevi. If that is the case, then the rest of my atypical moles must be removed(and I have lots of them, mainly on my back).

The ones I had excised were one on my upper right thigh, one under my right breast, and 3 on my back. I had one on my neck shaved, and one under my right armpit shaved.

Really, for those who have waited, go in and just get them cut out. If you are worried, rather then a shave biopsy. It is not painful, and two day of stitches only.

The worse pasrt is waiting for path results. I still keep thinking melanoma, as I always thing the worse, None of them were bigger then a pencil eraser, But one did itch and bleed, so I am worried about that. The plastic surgeon does not think it is melanoma though. I hope not.

I just wanted to post to ask for well wishes for good path results, and to encourage others that getting moles excised is not painful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2010, 07:19 AM   #2
    sudo59
    (female)

sudo59 HB User
    Re: New here just had 7 moles removed

Hi, I'm just wondering how you are doing? Any results? I am scheduled for a wide exision on two abnomal moles on the 17th and I am scared to death....

Closed Thread