It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

• picked mole SCARED!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-29-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
    1me11
    (female)

1me11 HB User
    picked mole SCARED!

I already know I shouldn't have picked it but I am freaking out. I went to a doctor today about a new mole I noticed 7 months ago. She told me that she thinks it should be removed and biopsied. I was in such a panic tonight that I used tweezers to pull part of it off. It bled a little. I'm worried that if it was melanoma I am now screwed even if it was in the early stages since I made it bleed. Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
    marie888
    (female)

marie888 HB User
    Re: picked mole SCARED!

Hello,

You will be fine, don't worry. I did something similar a couple years ago. I scratched off the top of a mole that looked black. It grew back and my dermatologist biopsied it and it came back a blue nevus. You can still have the area biopsied, unless you completely removed the whole thing. Ask your dermatologist. I recently had a surgery on a mole that came back 'severely dysplastic' after a biopsy. You probably just did the equivalent of a biopsy by scratching a bit of it off. When a shave biopsy is done the mole bleeds too. I actually asked about it being dangerous and was told that it it was not.

Marie

Old 04-29-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
    1me11
    (female)

1me11 HB User
    Re: picked mole SCARED!

Thanks for making me feel better. I have just been reading online that if I picked it then the cancerous cells could makes its way into the blood stream which is what I was nervous about. I have been studying for finals and my nerves are sky rocketing which is what lead to paranoia, which is what lead to me picking at it. I just hope they can biopsy it in a week without problems. I'm only 22 years old and I feel like my life is just starting which is why this little black mole is scarring me.

Closed Thread