It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

• nodular melanoma?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-11-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
    neenee77
    (female)

neenee77 HB User
    Exclamation nodular melanoma?

yesterday I had a mole biopsied. the doc thinks that it may be nodular melanoma. we are hoping for spitz nevus.
    I had a mole on my scalp, next to my right ear. four months ago it changed. Was presviously diagnosed as juvenille melanoma (benign) when mapped by a derm 10 years ago.
    It turned into what looked to be a white head and had grown to triple the size, it itched terribly and sometimes the whole area would get a sharp pain. then It grew into a pink flesh colored lumpy mole the size of a pencil eraser. still itchy and tender. it was also very firm. Then a few weeks later it became soft or more like a fleshy mole then ruptured and bled. It had a clear pinkish discharge also. it flatened out but would still itch and was tender. went to the doc, before she looked at it she was thinking it was immune system attacking or spitz nevus. Then she looked at it and biopsied immediately. she did not visably appear alarmed however, but there was extreme urgency. I am prescheduled for surgury the mintue the results are in and it is being sent to one of the best patholigist in the country that specializes in these diagnosis. she said that thank goodness i got in when i did. She also said it could be other things but may be the really really bad one (paraphrasing). She said we will hope for the good one and prepare for the other.
    I have already run the gamit of emotions before the biopsy. the doc accually made me feel better even though it may be nodular melanoma. If it is i am about four months into the change. Does anyone know how good this is? I looked it up and saw that at around nine months it had a 100% fatality rate. How worried should i be and what should i expect for surgery? she said it would be extensive and disfiguring. will i lose my ear? Just wanting any information or expierences.

Last edited by neenee77; 02-11-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread