It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

• Skin Cancer?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-16-2011, 06:44 AM   #1
    amyy009
    (female)

amyy009 HB User
    Skin Cancer?

I picked a mole off 2 years ago on my arm and it has since become a raised scar and i'm having alot of problems with it having itchy ingrown hairs. Then about a year ago a new mole appeared near it which I picked off and it's grown back several times, now it's grown back again and it is a mix of brown and red.

Recently i had itchy skin on my arm and went to the doctor, he said it was eczema. It scabbed up after a while and has left pink, noticeable scars. Is this normal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
    JJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
    Re: Skin Cancer?

I would see a Dermatologist to make sure there is no cancer in the moles. I have had several frozen off and 2 that were cancerous needed surgery. Even if they aren't cancerous moles and just eczema a Dermo Dr. is the best one to see for relief and treatment.

Good luck..JJ..

Old 08-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
    Chele60
    Veteran
    (female)

Chele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB User
    Re: Skin Cancer?

Are you absolutely certain those were moles that you picked off? A mole is actually skin, and to "pick" it off would be akin to cutting, tearing, ripping off skin. OUCH! I have lots of moles, and I simply couldn't fathom "picking" them off without a great deal of pain involved. (Perhaps I'm just a big chicken!)

Eczema could very well be the culprit. I had a bout of that a long time a go, it can look somewhat like moles, but they can be picked at. (And then become irritated and itchy) I second the opinion of seeing a dermatologist.

Closed Thread