It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

• Mole on Leg (Pictures) Please take a look. Thx

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
    abcdyeah
    (female)

abcdyeah HB User
    Mole on Leg (Pictures) Please take a look. Thx

Hey, I'm a 21 year old female, no previous skin issues. I've had a mole on my leg since I was a kid I'm pretty sure, but recently noticed its been getting larger. Looks flakey and color changes around the edges. I was hoping someone with knowledge of melanoma and problematic moles could take a look at these pictures and help me out. I will see a doctor, but I have a hectic schedule and if you could put my mind at ease for now that would be greatly appreciated. I tried my best to get a good picture, but it was difficult because of the size, probably slightly bigger than a pin head.

http://**********.us/photo/my-images/831/1000716i.jpg/

http://**********.us/photo/my-images/32/1000715v.jpg/

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
    Chele60
    Veteran
    (female)

Chele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB User
    Re: Mole on Leg (Pictures) Please take a look. Thx

Hello! The mole does look a bit unusual, but I am not a medical professional. I had melanoma in 2007, so I can tell you that if anything bothers you, it is best to see a doctor and get it checked out. Please don't let a hectic schedule get in the way. Sometimes scheduling an appointment with a dermatologist can take a while, so it's best to do it sooner than later. (if it is a derm you were planning on seeing)

Chances are this is probably nothing. Melanoma is not as common as basal or squamous cell carcinomas. But it is more aggressive. I simply do not know if this is something to be concerned about, but YOU evidently are, or you wouldn not have come here. So I would encourage you to make that doctor's appointment as soon as possible!

And do keep us posted!

Old 10-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
    theamericangirl
    (female)

theamericangirl HB User

have a doctor look at it
    it could be an dysplastic nevus, which is common and alot of people have them. It doesnt look like a common mole tho. i'm no doctor so dont take my word for it

Old 10-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
    ptmfamily
    (female)

ptmfamily HB User

Hi, I hope you went to have the dr look at your mole. My husband had the same thing on his thigh and it started to change. He put it off and off and it got bigger. So he went and was diagnosed with melanoma. It was about the size of a nickel and after all the cutting, etc., they took out about 2 by 4 inches off his thigh and deep to the muscle. they also took a sentinel lymph node which came back neg. This was only 1 mm deep too. So no fooling around. Get to the dr asap and have them biopsy.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #5
    abcdyeah
    (female)

abcdyeah HB User

Thanks for the responses. I saw a doctor, and had a shave skin biopsy. Now just waiting for the results. I'm just glad to have it off my leg.

Closed Thread