It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

• does this look worrying? (pic)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-30-2014, 01:07 PM   #1
    angryt
    (female)

angryt HB User
    does this look worrying? (pic)

I've always had a mole, on my bikini line, only a few years ago it started to change colour and get itchy, I ignored it, eventually I did go to the doctors who told me it was nothing to worry about and that I had some skin fungal infection. I don't think it has changed in quite some time, but it definitely doesn't look like it used it to, which worries me and it can be itchy. Should I go back to the doctors? If it was something serious wouldn't it have got worse by now?

http://i59.tinypic.com/1zq3o9i.jpg

I should add it used to be darker, and it seems to have sort of grown longer, it was just the mole and then a few years back I noticed that weird pink mark next to it. now it's maybe just under an inch long?

Last edited by angryt; 04-30-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2014, 10:16 PM   #2
    tula12
    (female)

tula12 HB Usertula12 HB User
    Re: does this look worrying? (pic)

I would see a dermatologist about it, no one can advise you medically on these boards. Personally, I would seek another opinion.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:39 AM   #3
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

I would definitely see a dermatologist and get it removed for biopsy. Because of its size, you will have a small scar there. The way it extends out with irregular borders makes it high risk for melanoma. I would not take any chances, and the only way to know for sure is removal and biopsy.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #4
    angryt
    (female)

angryt HB User

thanks, I went back to a different doctor who was once again, not concerned. He said it looked like a "warty mole," and it was OK because it was all one colour. I pushed to have it looked at properly by a dermatologist, but he said the waiting list to see someone would be months and months (and I don't doubt it) I am however seeing a different doctor on Wednesday to have it possibly removed - in the doctors surgery, if she agrees, if not then there is not much else I can do. He said keep an eye on it and see if it changes any more.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:56 PM   #5
    gardenandcats
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

You should be able to find a general surgeon who would do a small punch biopsy in there office

Closed Thread