It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Stomach Message Board

Scared i have stomach cancer

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2015, 01:03 PM   #1
melvinl
(male)

melvinl HB User
Scared i have stomach cancer

I have had acid reflux and irritable bowel for many years,about three weeks ago i had a burning in my stomach and pain on both sides under my ribs .It especially hurts after i eat, iAll my blood work is ok,but the pain is pretty much constant.I feel like i have a lot of trapped gas especially by yhr rib area The nexium and Zantac are not working,is it a ulcer gastritis or stomach cancer,i also have pain where the stomach meets the chest

Last edited by melvinl; 07-18-2015 at 04:14 PM. Reason: adding on

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2015, 03:39 PM   #2
ladybud
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Scared i have stomach cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinl View Post
I have had acid reflux and irritable bowel for many years,about three weeks ago i had a burning in my stomach and pain on both sides under my ribs .It especially hurts after i eat, iAll my blood work is ok,but the pain is pretty much constant.I feel like i have a lot of trapped gas especially by yhr rib area The nexium and Zantac are not working,is it a ulcer gastritis or stomach cancer
If you are getting no relief from these meds, you need an endoscopy to see what is happening and possible biopsies. I would also make sure you have had blood tests for pancreatitis which can cause pain similar to ulcers. An ultrasound or Ct scan may be needed as well.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:41 PM   #3
droibot32
(male)

droibot32 HB User
Re: Scared i have stomach cancer

I just had an endoscopy done and was found to have gastritis, your symptoms are very similar to mine. Yes the best thing to do would be to visit a Gastroenterologist. That is what I did myself because my PCP ran blood work and did an ultrasound of my abdomen but everything came back negative , and he said he had no idea what I have and did not diagnose me with anything. So I found a good Gastro doctor, and he found the problem for me right away through an endoscopy. Plus they will get you on PPI's which are stronger than nexium and Zantac, sometimes that is what it takes. And the pain where your stomach meets the chest sounds like heartburn, which I have as well. I pray you find a good doctor

Last edited by droibot32; 11-03-2015 at 07:43 PM.

Reply Reply