It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Stomach Message Board

Worrying myself to Death

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2016, 10:06 PM   #1
MisterJinx
(male)

MisterJinx HB User
Worrying myself to Death

I am a 25 year old male, I am overweight. About 5 nights ago I was laying in the floor and sat up and noticed a bulge in the middle of stomach above my belly button. It is about the size of the top of a soda can. It doesn't really hurt just tender if you poke at it. I have convinced myself that it is a tumor, everyone else is saying it could be a hernia. I haven't been able to get out to a doctor because of snow and bad road conditions. It doesn't stick out all of the time only if I am sitting up from laying down, or if I am standing up and lean back. My nerves are shot over this I Can't eat, can't sleep, and think I had a panic attack this morning.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2016, 11:15 PM   #2
Seraph
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Worrying myself to Death

Definitely a hernia, a classic one. Just needs sewing up under anaesthetic, a few days recovery, all gone. Cheers, Sera

Old 01-24-2016, 11:50 PM   #3
MisterJinx
(male)

MisterJinx HB User

I hope you guys are right, I am going to try to get out of here tomorrow and get to a doctor. I sure do appreciate the replies, and hope what everyone is saying is true that it is just a simple hernia, but having health anxiety makes you think worst case scenario. I will reply tomorrow and let everyone know how the doctor visit goes if I make it.

Old 01-25-2016, 03:05 PM   #4
MisterJinx
(male)

MisterJinx HB User

Ok I got back from the doctor a little while ago, he said it was a hernia but all he done was looked and felt of it, shouldn't he have sent me for some kind of test to confirm it? He said we would watch it for now.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:50 PM   #5
Seraph
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

Glad there is no bad news. A doctor can diagnose a simple hernia by examination; no tests needed. It is clearly not causing any trouble at the moment, so watching it is an appropriate measure. Some people have a hernia like this for years without complications. The repair surgery is simple enough, but if you can avoid it that is good. Sera

Old 01-25-2016, 11:31 PM   #6
MisterJinx
(male)

MisterJinx HB User

Thanks so much Sera! My nerves are finally starting to calm down. The only thing that I can think of that caused this was back in the spring/summer I was helping my dad lift a truck bed, and I had bloody stools for over a month after that, I am betting that is when the hernia first started and I am just now noticing it. Hopefully tonight I will have a better nights sleep.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-26-2016 at 12:50 PM.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:38 PM   #7
erikn
(male)

erikn HB User

glad to hear it's resolved. I've experienced a hernia before thinking it was stomach cancer... not fun.

Reply Reply