It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Stomach Message Board

• Stomach Cancer Symptoms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
    BillP
    (male)

BillP HB User
    Question Stomach Cancer Symptoms

Hi,

I would like to know from people with stomach cancer what was your symptoms leading up to diagnosis of the disease.

I believe this would help me and others who are currently concerned about having stomach cancer.

Thank you.

Last edited by BillP; 01-08-2011 at 03:37 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
    howardman652
    (male)

howardman652 HB User
    Re: Stomach Cancer Symptoms

hello I just had a tumor removed in my jejium /ileal part of my stomach also a mass cancer in three lympnoids I had little symtoms like some diharea watery stools pain left side stomach been sick with feet pain and back since operation get a ct scan with octerotide scan that's what i had done a colonoscopy i had revealed the tumor first but the ct scan with the injection reveals were the tumor is i am stil going for ct scan 2 months after the operation so get checked a colonoscopy first ok

Old 08-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
    howardman652
    (male)

howardman652 HB User

hello I have a few problems associated with carcinoid cancer like eating then i get cramps and off to the toilet i call it fast dumping i get it if i eat to much it wasen't to bed before i had the tumor removed now i get it more i have to learn what not to eat and how much to eat fiber gives me cramps fried foods are a no no fruits are ok most vegitables ok. stay away from things with seeds no tomatoes no cukes i also get this like instant fever warmness around my kneck oh real bad we still get it i am so worried i am in pain all the time my feet are always in pain feel clod knumb lefth calf leg to i have a pinched nerver it really stinks i am now 4 months of not working and i am getting depressed never spent the day worring about my health like now wish me luck

Old 02-25-2012, 11:55 PM   #4
    howardman652
    (male)

howardman652 HB User

hello I was having a coloscopy done cause i was overdue a they removed cancerous polups in march while they were looking around they found a carcinoid tumor it been a rough recovery I feel a little bit better I am a diabetic and have other complications I can tell you if you have wattery bowel movements that can be a sign somethings wrong I still am learning what not to eat since i have a section of my stomach removed good luck

Old 04-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
    brendaelk
    (female)

brendaelk HB User

I will tell you about my husbands symptoms. He was having a full feeling after he ate only a small amount and he could hardly bend over and tie his shoes. He went to his doctor several times telling him he thought something was going on in his stomach since he was down to hardly eating at all, from being so uncomfortable. The doc said it is just the COPD getting worse. Well he knew the only time he could not breathe well was when he ate and the pressure was getting worse so he made an appt with a gastro doc who had given him a endoscope several years back. That doc gave him strong proton pump medicine thinking maybe he had an ulcer, in two weeks then nothing changed so he went back and the doc looked down again with a scope and he seen the tumor then. he sent it off for biopsy, but we could tell that he knew it was probably cancer. IT was right at the bottom of the esphogus and top of stomach, hanging down. It was stage 3 cancer and he went through 2 rounds of chemo. He is 72 years old and the first batch of the nighttime pills was Xeloda. IT caused a heart attack! he got a stent from that and the 2nd batch made him terribly weak. The cancer was helped by shrinking and now they will operate this Friday and take one half stomach and some of esophagus. Two surgeons will be there, a 7 hour operation possibly. I am praying he will go through just fine, they are worried about his lungs more than his heart, but they will help him with a ventilator if they have too. If you are having trouble after eating with pressure please go get a endoscopy so they can look in your stomach!! Better safe than sorry!

The following user gives a hug of support to brendaelk:
    bubblegirl (04-25-2012)
    Old 04-25-2012, 05:38 AM   #6
    bubblegirl
    Veteran
    (female)

bubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB User

I will be thinking of you both this Friday! All the best to you both & please let us know how he is after this surgery!

The Following User Says Thank You to bubblegirl For This Useful Post:
    brendaelk (04-25-2012)
    Old 04-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #7
    Buzzy523
    (female)

Buzzy523 HB User

Bill, My husband had a full feeling after only eating a little. He also had slight weight loss. Indigestion/heartburn were also symptoms he had. He was on Prevacid/Aciphex but he took too much time to tell our Dr. that these meds didn't seem to be working. Finally went for a colonoscopy/endoscopy and the malignant tumor was found. He had 3/4 of his stomach removed on Feb.28,2012. Wish I could say he is doing well, but unfortunatly he got an infection in his incision and we have been trying to clear up this infection for 4 weeks now so that he can go on chemo/radiation. Go and have an endoscopy and find out for sure if you have stomach cancer or if you are just having some other stomach problems that medicine can help.

Closed Thread