It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Stomach Message Board

Wondering about Stomach/colon cancer

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2014, 04:23 PM   #1
Alwife58
(female)

Alwife58 HB User
Wondering about Stomach/colon cancer

Hi My name is Michelle and I'm 45 yrs old. I'm new to the board. My mom's mom had colon cancer, my mom has had polyps (non precancerous) and I have had both polyps and precancerous polyps. I've always had stomach pain for as long as I remember. It is pain that is usually right about my belly button, but does move around somewhat. I have had about 6 to7 bowel movements a day. I've been told I have a spastic colon/diverticulitis. Within the last few months (if not longer) my bowels have slowed down. Now I go every other day and the pain in my stomach hurts so bad. It's pain pain. I don't really get sick to my stomach. I threw up twice. I really don't have nausea that much. Then about 2 weeks ago, I quit eating all together. I dropped 8 pounds in a week. I'm trying to make myself eat more, but still food does not sound good. My doctor ran a bunch of blood test on me and it all came out normal. He is making an appt for me to see a GI doctor. I know i'm suppose to have one every two years, due to me having precancerous polyps, but haven't had one since 2010. I'm scared I could have either Colon or stomach cancer. I have polyps (noncancerous ones in my stomach as well) Could I still have cancer even though my blood results were all within the normal range? Thanks for listening

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2014, 08:35 PM   #2
Stomachepain
(male)

Stomachepain HB User
Re: Wondering about Stomach/colon cancer

Hello, my boyfriend has stomache pains as well. its a sharp feeling that is right between his belly button and sternum. hes gone to doctors but nothing. hes had it for 13 years. it is now getting worse. can you tell me what happened with your situation.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:19 AM   #3
ladybud
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Unfortunately, GI cancers do not show up in blood work. They can hint at the possibility if you have anemia, but other than that, they are not helpful. You need a scope from above and below, so the GI consult is necessary, and I would get it done soon so you know what is going on. Good luck, I hope it doesn't show anything serious.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:52 AM   #4
solofelix
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,

I can never under estimate the value of having an Endoscopy and Colonoscopy as we get older.
So much information can be gained from these procedures and I for one strongly recommend them sooner rather than later,
Get checked out and the best of luck to you,

Solofelix.

Closed Thread