It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Stomach Message Board

Opinons needed

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #1
granny0
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User
Question Opinons needed

Hi there.

I'm going to try and make this short. I had breast cancer in 2011 - stage 2 - partial masectomy and 3 lymph nodes removed from the arm pit. I had 6 weeks of radiation and have been taking hormone blocking meds since then.

This year I started having some pretty nasty stomach pain. I went to my GI Doc who did an endoskopy at the end of March that showed I have gastritis.
Well, recently I have had some severe stomach pain. It's in the center of my upper stomach. I saw my primary care doc who had a CT scan done of the stomach this past Thursday. They said it anything showed up bad, my doc would be called and report sent immediately. Well, I got the phone call from the docs nurse who said that it showed "thickening of the stomach wall" and she gave me the doctor's cell phone number. So, of course the first thing I do is google that and everything that popped up was stomach cancer/gastric cancer. I called the docs cell phone with my concern and she said it's probably nothing since I had the endoskopy done late March but I need to discuss the results of the CT scan with my GI doc. I'll contact his office on Monday.

I appreciate anyone's time to read this and reply. I've pretty well convinced myself that I'm dying because I'm having pain in the breast that had the cancer. Going for a mamo and sonogram on 7/17 about that. Anyone who has had stomach cancer, please let me know your thoughts on the "thickening of the stomach wall". I sure didn't like what I saw when I googled it.

Thank you.

JB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #2
sweetpotato13
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
Re: Opinons needed

JB, wishing you the very best, my prayers are with you.

Last edited by mod85; 07-05-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Reply Reply