It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Stomach Message Board

Possible stomach cancer at 20?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2014, 01:15 AM   #1
murakami
(male)

murakami HB User
Possible stomach cancer at 20?

Hello,

I'm a 20-year-old male, with symptoms that are beginning to concern me. I've seen the GP on two occasions for abdominal pain, nausea, bloating, and excessive burping. The symptoms began 10 days ago, with what seemed like a sickness bug. But as the days went by I became increasingly unwell. On the first visit to the GP, she felt my abdomen and said she was concerned about my duodenum being tender. I was reassured that she didn't think it was anything serious, but that I should have a stool antigen test sent off to see if I had the H. pylori infection. I got the impression that she thought I might have gastritis. I was given antacids, namely ranitidine, and told to come back in a few weeks for the results.

Suffice to say, I couldn't wait that long. After the first visit to the GP, I became extremely fatigued to the point where I slept all week. I was barely eating and I have since lost half a stone in seven days. So, being as concerned as I was, I saw another GP yesterday who again felt my abdomen and said it could be my gallbladder. It's annoyed me a little bit because the first thing I would have done after my display of fatigue is suspect anemia. She said I should have an abdominal ultrasound, which, coincidentally, I am having today.

I'm sorry for the long post, but both doctors have rejected the idea that I could have stomach cancer at such a young age, despite the fact that I have presented with several indicators of the disease.

For people who have been diagnosed with, or have had a family history of stomach cancer, is it unusual to have the disease without vomiting?

As far as I know, my stool has no traces of blood and I am yet to vomit despite the incessant nausea. But as the days go by, I am starting to become more and more concerned.

Last edited by murakami; 12-16-2014 at 01:17 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2014, 03:59 AM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Possible stomach cancer at 20?

I think your doctor that sent you for the u/s may be on to the cause. Definitely gb symptoms for sure. Of course, could be something else but I would suggest that if the u/s does not show stones or thickening, then ask for a HIDA Scan. It will show gb function. Below 35% and about 75% are considered non functioning and grounds for removal.

Reply Reply

Tags
cancer, pain, stomach cancer