It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Testicular Message Board

• Testicular cancer and testicular appendages (Please Help!)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-13-2002, 12:44 PM   #1
    aaron2k3

aaron2k3 HB User
    Post Testicular cancer and testicular appendages (Please Help!)

2 days ago I noticed a small, hard lump on the top pole of my right testicle. It is about half a centimeter from the beginning of my epididymis(sp?). Well, needless to say I freaked out. I went straight to the urologist yesterday (never been to very many doctors, so I decided to go straight to the pro's) and after examining me for about 2 minutes he said "Oh, this is nothing", he told me that it was a testicular appendage, its been there since I was borned, and many people have them.
    So I was pretty relieved. But, now I got to thinking... If its been there forever why am I just now noticing it (I'm 21)? Also, if alot of people have them, then shoudn't alot of people be having the same scare that I'm having? Im very much thinking about getting a second opinion and/or an ultrasound. I was just wondering if anybody has any information on how to tell the difference between the two conditions (there sound very similiar to me). Or am I just overreacting?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2003, 08:43 PM   #2
    shutupkid

shutupkid HB User
    oh man.. your post just cooled me down.. just two days ago i noticed a very small lump on my testical, the same size as yours.. and instantly thought "NOOOOO i have cancer!!" so without sleeping last night ive been researching this non stop.. ive checked for lumps for the past few years. and didn't notice this until yesterday... its located midway on the back side.. so i might have just missed it in the past... i think you are just over-reacting... just like i hope i am. haha -james

Old 03-10-2003, 03:44 PM   #3
    rob71

rob71 HB User
    it could be just what the doctor said, but i had testicular cancer and by catching it early ive been cancer free for 6 yrs. It has come to be one of the leading forms of cancer in males ages 18-25 so you might want to get a second opinion just to be better safe than sorry. but im sure its not much to worry about.

Closed Thread