It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Testicular Message Board

• can this be testicular cancer?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-29-2003, 10:30 AM   #1
    john81

john81 HB User
    Post can this be testicular cancer?

hello, i'm sorry to be posting yet another "is this testicular cancer?" question but the self diagnosis used to spot this disease is so ambiguous, it gets one even more worried before consulting a doctor...so here's my case: i felt this small lump on the TOP of my right testicle, exactly where the gland connects to the epididymis, and a while later the right epididymal tube itself started to increase in thickness - at its thickest it's about three times its normal size. the lump is not fixed to the gland tissue, it can "move around" if that's the right term, it feels like that lump at the top of the epididymis but it's much larger than the normal one on the left. i suspected it could be epididymitis and started taking antibiotics (bactrim) and a few days later the epididymis turned to its normal size. after two weeks the lump also almost disappeared. but as soon as i stopped the cure the same things came back. they seldom cause a slight pain in the scortum and in the lower abdomen, also sometimes i feel an ache in my chest. i know these are symptoms of testicular cancer but i don't think a cancerous lump can disappear after a cure of antibiotics, can it? according to what i have read, the lower abdomen and breast aches also appear in some other testicular conditions since the testicle and breast tissues grow out of the same base tissue in the pregnancy period. also very recently i discovered that the left side of my lower stomach stands a bit higher than the right, kind of a lump but there's no pain or ache there, nor any kind of extra tissue that is felt. i've had the testicle condition for a year and for reasons valid to myself i haven't seen a doctor. please enlighten me if you can.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2003, 06:18 AM   #2
    Lindarella
    Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
    Don't play around if you think you have testicular cancer. It will cost you less than $40 and a half hour of your time to go to the doctor and have him check it out. The cost and embarrassment are no match for the relief you will feel when the doctor tells you that everything is just fine. No one here can tell you if you have cancer or not. It's likely you don't but don't take that chance. It seems unlikely that cancer would nearly disappear with antibiotic use. Get your hooha to the doctor.

If it's any consolation, my 23 year old son has been to the doctor twice for a lump in his testicle. Both times it turned out to be nothing.

Old 06-13-2003, 11:33 AM   #3
    Wolverine1914

Wolverine1914 HB User
    You are playing with fire. Definitely go and see a doctor. Why would you ever NOT see a doctor if you think you had testicular cancer. The path testicular cancer follows is from the testicle, up the spermatic cord to the lymphnodes--which are in your lower abdomen/stomach region. It then can spread to the liver or lungs and then the brain. If your testicle is not feeling right, and you have a lump in your belly (could be testicular cancer spreading to lymphnodes)plus pain in your chest then it has all the sign of the path of testicular cancer. While I am just an observer and cannot say for certain that is what you have, it is definitely in your best interest to go NOW to a doctor. Even late stages of Testicular cancer have a high cure rate...that's right CURE rate. Most cancers have no cure.
    Trust me...I just got diagnosed with Testicular Cancer and had to have an orchiectomy (left testicle removed) last Tuesday. Luckily for me I caught it very early because it hurt me and was enlarged but in most cases it never hurts. It did not spread to my lymphnodes, liver or lungs and I only have Stage 1 seminoma but it sounds like you have all the signs of possible later stages. I don't want to make you too worried, but you better get on the phone right now with your doctor and get in there ASAP. While it could be nothing, swallow your pride and embarrassment and just go. Your health is more important than anything!!!!!!

Closed Thread