It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Testicular Message Board

• Bilaterial epididymal cyst

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-19-2011, 10:33 AM   #1
    GEORGEP
    Veteran
    (male)

GEORGEP HB User
    Bilaterial epididymal cyst

In the year 2000 I had a physical and the doctor found a lump on my right testicle. I had an ultrasound and I was told it was not cancer. I was not told that I had to do anything about it so I just left it at that. I have a benign cyst on my left kidney and I had to see a Urologist last February for tests. He did a testicular exam and he noticed the lump on my testicle. I told him that I had it checked out before and it was not cancer but he insisted I have another ultrasound done. When I went to have it done the technician had my old test results and asked me why I was having it done again and I explained that I had a new doctor and he advised it be done. I had the ultrasound and they found a epididymal lesion cyst 3mm. I went back to the doctor and I asked him if it was cancer and he said it was not. I have to have an ultrasound done on my kidneys again in October and he also wants them to do the scotum while they are doing the kidneys. Should I be concerned? I have had this lump now for over 20 years. He asked me if I had ever had any injuries to my scrotum or any operations. He said it feels like scar tissue.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2011, 03:40 AM   #2
    jantay
    (female)

jantay HB User
    Re: Bilaterial epididymal cyst

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GEORGEP View Post
    In the year 2000 I had a physical and the doctor found a lump on my right testicle. I had an ultrasound and I was told it was not cancer. I was not told that I had to do anything about it so I just left it at that. I have a benign cyst on my left kidney and I had to see a Urologist last February for tests. He did a testicular exam and he noticed the lump on my testicle. I told him that I had it checked out before and it was not cancer but he insisted I have another ultrasound done. When I went to have it done the technician had my old test results and asked me why I was having it done again and I explained that I had a new doctor and he advised it be done. I had the ultrasound and they found a epididymal lesion cyst 3mm. I went back to the doctor and I asked him if it was cancer and he said it was not. I have to have an ultrasound done on my kidneys again in October and he also wants them to do the scotum while they are doing the kidneys. Should I be concerned? I have had this lump now for over 20 years. He asked me if I had ever had any injuries to my scrotum or any operations. He said it feels like scar tissue.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:42 AM   #3
    jantay
    (female)

jantay HB User

My husband went to the doctor about a lump on his right testicle and when he had an ultrasound today they found a cyst on his left kidney. he has to have a CT scan tomorrow and I have been doing an internet search to see if the 2 symptoms are related

Old 08-24-2011, 05:28 AM   #4
    GEORGEP
    Veteran
    (male)

GEORGEP HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jantay View Post
    My husband went to the doctor about a lump on his right testicle and when he had an ultrasound today they found a cyst on his left kidney. he has to have a CT scan tomorrow and I have been doing an internet search to see if the 2 symptoms are related
    I don't believe they are related. I was told that half the population over the age of 50 have kidney cysts which are almost always benign and usually cause no problem unless they get bigger and start to interfere with kidney function. I am scheduled in October to have a IVP Kidney function test to make sure the cyst that I have is not getting any bigger. I have had the bilateral cyst on my right testicle for over twenty years and they call it a spermacele. These are benign but my urologist wants me to have another ultrasound again in October to check it out. I don't know how long I have had the kidney cyst. It was an incidental finding when I had a ct scan done last January for some abodominal pain I was having...

Old 08-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
    jantay
    (female)

jantay HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GEORGEP View Post
    I don't believe they are related. I was told that half the population over the age of 50 have kidney cysts which are almost always benign and usually cause no problem unless they get bigger and start to interfere with kidney function. I am scheduled in October to have a IVP Kidney function test to make sure the cyst that I have is not getting any bigger. I have had the bilateral cyst on my right testicle for over twenty years and they call it a spermacele. These are benign but my urologist wants me to have another ultrasound again in October to check it out. I don't know how long I have had the kidney cyst. It was an incidental finding when I had a ct scan done last January for some abodominal pain I was having...
    Thanks for that. last night I did some more research on secondary cancers for testicular cancer and the lymph nodes around the kidneys are the first part to be affected. He's having the CT scan right now so fingers crossed-will let you know how he goes

Old 08-25-2011, 04:52 AM   #6
    GEORGEP
    Veteran
    (male)

GEORGEP HB User

Quote:
    Thanks for that. last night I did some more research on secondary cancers for testicular cancer and the lymph nodes around the kidneys are the first part to be affected. He's having the CT scan right now so fingers crossed-will let you know how he goes
    I hope everything turns out alright. More than likely he has a benign cyst on both his kidney and testicle. My Urologist told me that testicular cancer usually affects younger men. I don't know how old your husband is but I am willing to bet that he does not have that.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:06 AM   #7
    jantay
    (female)

jantay HB User
    Angry Re: Bilaterial epididymal cyst

Unfortunately our news has not been that good. John has a cancerous tumour the size of a golfball on his right kidney but it has not spread anywhere else in his body. in many ways he is very lucky as it was only found because he had the ultrasound on his testicle which is just a harmless cyst. it looks as if he will have his kidney removed we have an appointment with a urologist next wednesday. thanks for your information and best of luck with you health issues Jane

Old 08-26-2011, 05:00 AM   #8
    GEORGEP
    Veteran
    (male)

GEORGEP HB User

Quote:
    Thanks, yes, Please let me know. I am sure that everything will turn out alright.... I saw my primary care physician the other day and I mentioned the cyst on my testicle and he said it was a spermecele and that the urologist is just probaby doing what they call a surveillance on it and the kidney and that after October he may have me check everything again in one year and then they will wrap it up...

Closed Thread