It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Testicular Message Board

Different size/shape in testicle.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2015, 12:56 PM   #1
cazajacks
Veteran
(female)

cazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB User
Different size/shape in testicle.

Hi, is it ok if one testicle suddenly becomes bigger/mishaped compared to the other one. Ive looked up for advice but it says its ok if one testicle is bigger than the other, but it doesn't say if that means suddenly or from birth.

Hubbys has become bigger on one side and i would say slightly mishaped, as it is seems to be poking a little bit to the side,, there isn't any lumps as far as he can tell. He doesn't want to go to the dr, he never goes to be honest. He doesnt have any pain or anything x

Last edited by cazajacks; 02-02-2015 at 12:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2015, 11:26 AM   #2
pbt140
(male)

pbt140 HB Userpbt140 HB Userpbt140 HB Userpbt140 HB User
Re: Different size/shape in testicle.

It is not uncommon for one testicle to be larger than the other. The problem arises when if one is all of the sudden getting larger.
There are some minor reasons why one testicle may become large, such as an infection of the epididymis. That is usually taken care of my antibiotics.
>
However, care should be taken. I was first diagnosed with Epididymitis and given meds. Over time the pain went away but the swelling did not. Not feeling any pain, I kind of let it go by for a few months. One evening got home from work and could not straighten up. We to doctor's and found out I have Testicular cancer. Lost my left testicle and had four rounds of chemo.
If I can given anyone advise, make sure you keep watching for swelling or hard areas. Don't be nervous about letting the doctor feel them (beats chemo) and also request a blood tumor marker test called a beta-HCG test. When they finally got around to checking my beta-HGC, normal is under >5 mine was in the thousands. But the problem with mine is that "I" let it go too long knowing something was not right.

Reply Reply