It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Testicular Message Board

Embroynal

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2015, 06:21 AM   #1
dganz
(female)

dganz HB Userdganz HB User
Embroynal

Hello all. My husband who is 58 was recently diagnsed with TC, state 1 non-seminoma. He had orchietomy 2/9. The type is Embroynal. AFP back to normal but he has lymphatic invasion but no tumors outside of testicle area. This type of TC is rare for someone his age and probably the worst type in this group. The oncologist is recommending 2 courses of chemo BEP since has emphatic invasion. Has anyone had this type of chemo? I am terrified reading the information they gave me. I write here because I know many wonderful people are here on HB. HB was my rock when I was battling lyme disease and the comfort I received from others was remarkable. Thank you in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2015, 11:21 PM   #2
thewoodlands
(male)

thewoodlands HB User
Re: Embroynal

hello DGanz. I went thru TC and was given the chemo BEP. Best advice I can give is to stay full... do NOT let him lose his appetite. Feed him. Greens, fruits, nuts, and more legumes for protein. Stay away from meat & milk. Almond milk is the very best. Also, may want to pick up some blueberries and bananas and almond butter - make a smoothie for him every day - this will taste so good during his course. Also - look up Flor-Essence Essiac Tea. It's a miracle broth tea that cleanses the body. All the best!

Old 03-27-2015, 06:55 AM   #3
dganz
(female)

dganz HB Userdganz HB User
Re: Embroynal

Thank you Woodlands. I will heed your good advice. He has had 6 treatments so far. I think the Bleo is the worst of the bunch. As you know the 3 drugs are timed on certain days. He did ok the first week with 5 treatments, then crashed on the next 2 days. He felt slightly better but when he had the Bleo by itself, he got a reaction which caused anxiety, etc. His temp spiked, he was shaking and his hands had no circulation. I had to call the oncologist. That passed, but he has the next Bleo this coming Tuesday. Then off for a week and then we start all over again for round 2. Thank God he is only doign 2 rounds! I hear you on the appetite which he wasn't eating, so I would make things that he really liked, no matter what it was. I know if he loses weight he will become weaker and we don't want that.

Why do you say to avoid milk (we don't eat much meat). He seems to be drinking milk everytime I see him and thinks it helps him feel better.

We are now waiting for his hair to fall out which I guess is in week 3. We are staying positive. Thank you again for responding and well wishes to you also

Reply Reply