It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Throat Message Board

Advice! Am I worrying to much ?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2015, 04:21 PM   #1
Lassiter802
(male)

Lassiter802 HB User
Advice! Am I worrying to much ?

I've had a swollen salivary gland on left side of my throat for three months. My regular doc gave me amoxicillin 500mg and I finished it all and still swollen. I went to ENT and he felt of it inside and out and told me it's a clogged up Salivary submandibular gland and he went on about how common they are. He said he sees them 5-6 times a week. He said its not hard or big enough to be cancer at this point. He gave me a steroid shot and some cephalixioon antibiotics to finish out. Ok so I know and admit that I'm a worry wart lol. It's just odd to me that it's been swollen this long. I am a oral tobacco user but have quit after 20 years.bit does not hurt unless I mess with it lol . Has anyone else had one of these swollen salivary glands? If so how long did it take for it to go away?. I feel great and not sick. Hopefully this new antibiotics will help. Amy advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2015, 03:18 PM   #2
katejaneway
(female)

katejaneway HB User
Re: Advice! Am I worrying to much ?

Hi. I've been told I have something similar although I might have also had an infection at some point too. I noticed my right submandibular salivary gland was pretty swollen half way through my 2nd pregnancy. My ENT thought it was caused by the excessive vomiting I experienced during through first 4 months of my pregnancy. He said that dehydration among other things can change the consistency of your saliva causing your salivary glands to get clogged or have "sludge" (or a stone but he ruled that out for me). He told me to drink lots of water and it went down but it's still swollen going on 7 months now. It's only noticeable if you really palate it though. It's soft. My ENT said it may never go back to the size it was and claims this is normal. I also have a palpable lymph node next to it which is about 0.5cm according to the doc. He thinks it's related to the initial swelling and may also never go down. He's not concerned but to reassure me he scheduled me for a CT. That's tomorrow so we'll see what that shows.

Reply Reply