It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Throat Message Board

Very Scared Throat cancer?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2015, 10:51 AM   #1
scared18
(male)

scared18 HB User
Very Scared Throat cancer?

Hello guys and gals,

I am very scared that I may have developed throat cancer. I am 33 yrs old, I don't smoke or drink but I have dipped smokeless tobacco on and off for about 8 yrs.

About 2 months ago while on vacation a nasty virus ran through my family. Dizzy fever aches and a HORRIBLE sore throat, maybe the worst I've ever had. Ever since then I have had a mild sore throat on the left side of my throat that feels itchy at times. Also I have a sort of mild lump in my throat feeling on that side.This has been constant for 2 months now.

I also have severe TMJ and have had TMJ pain on that side about the same amount of time. That whole side of my jaw hurts and clicks when I open my mouth and locks. I don't grind my teeth but I clinch all night long. I have tried the mouth guards but they don't keep me from clinching. I'm not sure if this could be causing the sore throat or not.

I went to my Dr. (3 weeks ago) he said he thought it was acid reflux (which I I do have). He put me on Nexium but still no relief. I have an appointment with the ENT next week but am freaking out in the meantime. This doesn't seem to be going away Does this sound like cancer to anyone? Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply