HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Cancer: Throat (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-throat/)
-   -   Throat cancer (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-throat/419133-throat-cancer.html)

John_33 08-14-2006 07:08 AM

Throat cancer

What are the symptoms for throat cancer?

gardenandcats 08-14-2006 09:15 AM

Re: Throat cancer

Common throat cancer symptoms are a lump or sore that does not heal, a sore throat that does not go away, difficulty swallowing, a change in the sound of the voice, and a new hoarseness in the voice.

Throat Cancer Symptoms: Other Symptoms
Please keep in mind that while your symptoms may seem like throat cancer symptoms, they may be caused by other unrelated and less serious health conditions. Tell your doctor about any throat cancer symptoms you are feeling.

Throat cancer symptoms, and head and neck cancer symptoms, may also include trouble breathing, trouble with speaking, pain in the ears and frequent headaches. Throat cancer symptoms and head and neck cancer symptoms may also include sinuses that are blocked and will not clear. Throat cancer symptoms and head and neck cancer symptoms may also include bleeding through the nose, pain in the upper teeth, headaches, and swelling in the eyes. Throat cancer symptoms and head and neck cancer symptoms may also include chronic sinus infections that do not go away when treated with antibiotics.

There is more to learn about throat cancer symptoms. If you have any of these throat cancer symptoms, it is important that you see your doctor.

Possible Throat Cancer Symptoms
Throat cancer symptoms and head and neck cancer symptoms may also include numbness or paralysis of the muscles in the face.
Throat cancer symptoms and head and neck cancer symptoms may also include pain that does not go away in the face.
Throat cancer symptoms and head and neck cancer symptoms may also trouble pain that does not go away in the neck.
There is more to learn about throat cancer symptoms. If you have any of these throat cancer symptoms, it is important that you see your doctor.

MechEng57 08-18-2006 06:07 AM

I was just diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma after having my left tonsil removed. My only symptom was a scratchy feeling in the back of my throat. I would have ignored it if my dentist hadn't recommended seeing an ENT. Not sure what I am in for.

frb1591 08-22-2006 09:54 PM

John 33,

Hard headed husband had been hoarse for some time but refused to get it check out until his urologist insisted he see an ENT.

He had a malignant tumor on his vocal chord that was found on his first visit to the ENT. The ENT can use a scope down your throat on your first visit if you want. It doesn't hurt.

The main thing about cancer is early detection...so if you or someone you know has symptoms, by all means, the sooner you/they get it checked out the better! Husband took 35 radiation treatments and his is gone. The particular type of cancer that he had is 90% curable. Had husband gone sooner to an ENT, it's quite possible that the tumor could have been simply removed from the vocal chord with no additional treatment necessary. His had grown a little into the muscle by the vocal chord...that was the reason for the radiation.

The first week felt like we had both been kicked in the stomach. The next week we dusted ourselves off and decided to do whatever we had to do to get it taken care of. And guess what, NOTHING scares us now!;)