It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board

2.5cm nodule with blood flow on ultrasound

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-05-2016, 11:27 AM   #1
rosan7534

rosan7534 HB User
Unhappy 2.5cm nodule with blood flow on ultrasound

Good morning, the emergency room found a 2.5 cm nodule on my thyroid on a cat scan, blood work was fine, but the ultra sound tech said it showed blood flow. I don't have close family, I've been frantically researching to see what the odds are of it being cancer so I know if I should make arrangements for my son. The biopsy is Monday and they said I'll hear back by Wednesday and I am cracking at the seams. My dad passed 3 yrs ago this week and my aunt 2 yrs ago and my uncle is in hospice and doesn't even recognize me, my grandfather is having spinal surgery in 2wks.. ug I can't. I need to know what should I be doing now. I feel like before I know.. and melt down.. I should prepare for all possibilities but I don't have anyone to ask what those even are. I wish I came from a big family.

The following user gives a hug of support to rosan7534:
AglaiaD (08-03-2016)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2016, 12:58 PM   #2
Nanu123
(female)

Nanu123 HB User
Re: 2.5cm nodule with blood flow on ultrasound

I am a bit late here, but reading your message I wanted to say I hope all went well with your nodule.?

Old 11-18-2016, 08:50 PM   #3
SusV
(female)

SusV HB User
Re: 2.5cm nodule with blood flow on ultrasound

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosan7534 View Post
Good morning, the emergency room found a 2.5 cm nodule on my thyroid on a cat scan, blood work was fine, but the ultra sound tech said it showed blood flow. I don't have close family, I've been frantically researching to see what the odds are of it being cancer so I know if I should make arrangements for my son. The biopsy is Monday and they said I'll hear back by Wednesday and I am cracking at the seams. My dad passed 3 yrs ago this week and my aunt 2 yrs ago and my uncle is in hospice and doesn't even recognize me, my grandfather is having spinal surgery in 2wks.. ug I can't. I need to know what should I be doing now. I feel like before I know.. and melt down.. I should prepare for all possibilities but I don't have anyone to ask what those even are. I wish I came from a big family.
Hi there! I am a newbie here with a 2.8 cm nodule waiting to have a FNA done. I just wanted to say I feel your anxiety so much! I sure hope it all worked out for you! :/

Reply Reply

Tags
worried