It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board

Thyroid nodule with calcification

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2016, 12:35 PM   #1
Sandzzz
(female)

Sandzzz HB User
Thyroid nodule with calcification

Hi there,

There is not much information out here about "Thyroids with calcification"
I recently had a Thyroid U/S and the results came back with this finding.

usually my Family doctor would have re-assured me that it was not that serious. She said the "C word" I think I stopped listening after that.

I have an appointment to see an ENT (?biopsy)at the hospital Nov 8th. I received my results from my doctor September 2nd, isn't this a long time to wait??

I am worried and of course I am on Google every day to see if there is any info on calcification.
from what I have found calcification on a thyroid nodule is a concern
(?papillary).

What I have found online - When calcification is noted within a solitary thyroid nodule, the risk of malignancy is very high. Surgery should be recommended regardless of the result of fine-needle aspiration cytologic findings
My previous U/S was a little over a year ago and the nodule has grown. it is now 9.7mm and previous was 8.2mm(ish).

so now I wait. I am just looking for any guidance or information that you can pass on to me with regards to this CALCIFICATION.

I have cried a few times now. as you are aware it's the not knowing what keeps you searching and afraid. I am 46 years old and healthy.

thank you for giving me this opportunity to be a part of this message board and let me ask my questions.

I made an appointment to see my family Doctor Sept 19th I feel like she just left me hanging or I really never heard anything that she said at my previous appointment. I did drive home in a fog.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2016, 12:55 PM   #2
debmc1958
Inactive
(female)

debmc1958 HB User
Re: Thyroid nodule with calcification

I was diagnosed with a 5 cm nodule back in 2012, damn near scared me to death. Tests on mine so far come back as benign (three biopsies and one radioactive iodine uptake test), thank God. So for now, me and my giant nodule coexist. I don't know anything about calcifications. I do encourage you not to panic and to go to a major university hospital medical center, not a local hospital. There are many reasons for this ranging from the familiarity with thyroid nodules to the skill of surgeons.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-15-2016 at 01:25 PM.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:52 PM   #3
Sandzzz
(female)

Sandzzz HB User
Re: Thyroid nodule with calcification

Thank you for your response. See what I mean? Not a lot of info on calcification

Keep healthy my friend. 😘

Reply Reply