It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board

HELP ultrasound results!!

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2016, 09:15 AM   #1
BA2016
(female)

BA2016 HB User
HELP ultrasound results!!

Hey everyone.. I noticed a palpable lump on my neck about a month ago and decided to get it looked at. The first doctor I went to said that I was probably gettign sick and to wait it out. I did that for a couple weeks but then went to another doctor who referred me to an ENT. The ENT ordered an ultrasound which the results found:
"1 oval hypoechoic nodule in the left parotid gland; color doppler demonstrates internal vascularity. There is no definite tract extending to the skin's surface. "
"1 hypoechoic nodule nodule in the isthmus with suggestion of a few punctate echogenic foci possibly calcifications"
"1 hypoechoic nodule in the left mid thyroid gland."
an MRI was also obtained to confirm if one of these nodules was in the parotid gland, which it is. MRI results conclude that....
"there are several well-circumscribed t2 hyperintense lesions within the left parotid gland. There is a similarly appearing t2 hyperintense lension in the mid right parotid gland. These lesions appear to demonstrate mild enhancement on the postcontrast images."
"there is an oval, enhansion lesion in theleft side of the thyroid isthmus."
Does anyone have any insight as to what these findings could indicate? I have a doctors appointment to folllow up on these and my doctor did mention scheduling a FNA biopsy?

i also had other nodules noted but were not considered abnormal
I would appreciate any input! Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2017, 08:35 AM   #2
Breezin
(male)

Breezin HB UserBreezin HB User
Re: HELP ultrasound results!!

I too had a noticeable lump in my neck, did ultrasounds and mri, and was also told it was in the parotid gland. I had a needle biopsy done on of the node which showed suspicious cells. They then removed the node and several nearby to it, but it ended up not actually being "in" in parotid, but rather the parotid gland was folded around it making it appear that way.

I know it's hard not to worry about the unknown, but honestly, it's best just to hear from your Dr. directly and let him tell you each next step. When I first had my swollen node I kept googling information, and you seem to always come up with the worst case scenarios that rarely are the issue. The anxiety will cause you issues apart from the swollen node. If you are comfortable doing so, please post the results from your FNB, your situation sounds remarkably similar to mine. Best of luck.

Reply Reply