It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board

Large benign nodule

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-23-2017, 08:04 PM   #1
KofT
(female)

KofT HB User
Large benign nodule

Hi everyone! I've recently done an fna and results showed that my nodule is benign. I am very relieved and happy about the results! My gp has referred me to a surgeon for consultation because of its size. My nodule measures 3.6 x 3.2 x 1.4. Is this large enough for a surgeon to recommend surgery to take it out? What are your thoughts or if you could share your experiences, it would be truly appreciated. What are the chances the fna was inaccurate in its findings? I've been reading that with nodules as big or bigger as mine, it's usually hard to say that it's truly benign because the fna only sampled a few of it's tissues. Is this information accurate?

Thank you very much!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Large benign thyroid nodule strat Thyroid Disorders 3 07-18-2013 01:35 PM
Confused about Benign Thyroid Nodule CMS0308 Thyroid Disorders 4 06-27-2013 04:41 AM
New Here and Confused About Large Nodule asm505 Thyroid Disorders 5 07-12-2012 07:43 PM
Should a large thyroid nodule be removed? Mommm0103 Thyroid Disorders 1 04-20-2012 12:42 PM
thyroid nodule and FNA questions hannah31 Thyroid Disorders 2 10-02-2011 09:46 AM