It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board

newbie with an odd question

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-2018, 07:43 PM   #1
tandlsmum
(female)

tandlsmum HB User
Question newbie with an odd question

Hi everyone. I just found your guys and had a question. I had a nodule just under 2 years ago now that I had taken out with part of the thyroid as per typical procedure. They found cancer so said they had to go back in and remove the rest of the thyroid. They did. Haven't been able to find a thyroid med for me to be on and my endo has tried everything on the market but the injection. I seem to have bad reactions to them ALL....
but that isn't my question - so after the last try on tirostint she took me off that. It was about a month ago now. So no m,eds for a month and I have to say after 2 days I felt like I hadn't even had the surgery. I felt exactly like myself for the 1st time in almost 2 years. I had been speaking with the dr's office and she has NO clue what is going on. I met with her yesterday and she said she has no idea how I am even upright and functioning as I have no thyroid and no meds in my system at all. She ordered a blood test to see my levels as well as a special test to see if there is something interfering with the reading (I have to find a lab that can do the test as my normal one told me today they cannot)

I don't believe the thyroid can grow back though the tiny piece that got left in me I am being told is now larger --could it be something other than thyroid? I know that part of the reason to have the meds is to keep levels low near 0 to keep cancer from recurring or spreading....
but anyone have any clue/idea/thoughts on what may be going on with my system because I don't see how I feel good a month with no meds and my not having a thyroid. It makes no logical sense and the doctors are also at a loss as to what is going on.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-25-2018 at 09:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply