It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board

Endometrial thickness of 11mm, no period for over 2 years and not menopausal

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2015, 07:46 AM   #1
mester
(female)

mester HB User
Endometrial thickness of 11mm, no period for over 2 years and not menopausal

This is my first post ever to any type of site asking for help. I had a transvaginal ultrasound yesterday and my endometrial thickness is 11mm. I also have large fibroid. Haven't had my menstrual cycle for two years and a month and labs show not menopausal and normal. My doctor is out of town for a week so now my imagination is taking over. Any thoughts or similar experiences?
Thank you! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

M

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2015, 03:22 PM   #2
STLouisgal
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
Re: Endometrial thickness of 11mm, no period for over 2 years and not menopausal

Interesting that you haven't had a period for two years but are not in menopause (based on FSH blood level?). Sometimes fibroids and even polyps can make the lining appear thicker than it is on ultrasound but regardless if that is the reason for the 11mm lining, it is odd that you haven't had a period in two years. You haven't by any chance had an ablation have you?

Merry Christmas to you too!

Old 12-17-2015, 06:28 PM   #3
mester
(female)

mester HB User
Re: Endometrial thickness of 11mm, no period for over 2 years and not menopausal

Thank you for responding! My FSH level shows postmenopausal but Estradiol is too high to be postmenopausal.
Also, fibroid does not touch endometrium per ultrasound.
No ablation! My last menstrual cycle was two years and a month ago and it was a horrendously heavy, 76 day one!
Then, nothing.

Old 12-18-2015, 05:28 AM   #4
STLouisgal
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

Interesting that FSH shows post-meno but estrogen level is high. That can happen during perimenopause when hormones fluctuate a lot but not having had a period for 2 years is not considered peri. Of course, estrogen builds the uterine lining and also feeds fibroids. I assume you are not on any hormones or over-the-counter menopausal supplements? Do you by any chance eat a lot of estrogenic foods?

Old 12-18-2015, 05:31 AM   #5
mester
(female)

mester HB User

Nope and nope. Quite strange, isn't it? I guess I'll wait to hear in a week from my Gyn. Ugh. Being Christmas next week, I hope she calls 😁
Thank you for trying to help!

Closed Thread