It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board

So scared

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-07-2016, 06:40 AM   #1
Worrybucket
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
So scared

I'm really scared. I posted about having had a scan last week which my GP said I have to see the gynae dr because they could see a polyp. She said she was going to fast track me as I've been having some brown old discharge between periods. I'm 54 starting meno too. So they fast tracked be and I have an appointment next Friday. On the letter it says I have to go through the oncology gynae clinic. I freaked out. No one has mentioned cancer. Except the GP did say if you see cancer clinic on the letter don't be frightened as its because I've fast tracked you, all patients go through that clinic when fast tracked. I called the hospital and they said the same and that the GP should ha e explained that they put you through this clinic to discount any cancer. So I'm now beside myself thinking they have seen something on the scan and are not telling me. I'm cancer phobic anyway. This is making me feel ill and I have another week for the hystergram. I don't know why I'm writing this post other than I'm sat here terrified.

Last edited by mod85; 10-08-2016 at 02:21 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2016, 07:32 AM   #2
ShaylaDee
(female)

ShaylaDee HB User
Re: So scared

Breathe!! Honestly, I understand your worrying about this, but at the same time there's no point in worrying unless you have something to worry about. I prefer that they check for cancer every time something goes wrong, it's just a general procedure to rule everything out, it does not mean they think you have it!! It means they are doing their job properly and going through all the right steps to figure out what is really wrong and ruling out everything else. Dont be scared ok? There are lots of people going through similar things, I've been getting checked for cancer in different areas of my body almost every month for the past year because there's always something going wrong, something hurting when it shouldn't, something seen on the X-ray or CT scan that seems ominous, but even then I can't let myself worry about it because stress and worry does not help anything. You can only heal by breathing and staying calm as difficult as that sounds. You're not alone, I hate the waiting game too, but just try to make the best of it. Cheers. <3

Old 10-07-2016, 08:36 AM   #3
Worrybucket
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you. It's just I got the letter and saw the oncology gynae clinic and panicked. I'm just so sick of constantly letting my fear of having cancer rule my life. I'm having a stressful time right now as daughter moving home, lost my beloved Dad 8 weeks ago. It's just all too much to cope with at the moment. Now this. I just want some nice news I can smile about. But thank you anyway. They are doing their job and I guess would've in big trouble if they missed something. It's just that dreaded word cancer. I can hardly read it without wanting to be sick. ��

Old 10-07-2016, 04:46 PM   #4
STLouisgal
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

I'm sorry for all you've been going through and now this! I was in your shoes and was also "fast tracked." It made for an irrational state of fear and it didn't help that my doctor wasn't very helpful. I wish I had listened to my intuition and logic. If I had, I would have done things differently.

The good thing is that polyps are almost always benign / non-cancerous and can be removed with a fairly simple procedure (polypectomy).

I hope that eases your mind a bit! Please keep us posted and try to keep calm.

Old 10-11-2016, 02:43 PM   #5
Worrybucket
Senior Veteran
(female)

I'm having this polyp removed on Friday. Today I went to my GP about something else and she read my uterine scan report. All was good. Lining ok. Ovaries fine. Couple of small fibroids and my little friend the polyp sitting on my cervix !! She wasn't too worried about the anatomy of my uterus whatsoever but said the polyp should go. So I'm a little more calm now. But won't be really calm until I get this done and the biopsy results.

Old 10-14-2016, 05:53 AM   #6
Worrybucket
Senior Veteran
(female)

So today I had my procedure. Except that the dr has said I have a pinhole cervix which is also sitting backwards too. He had a big job of locating the entrance then he couldn't get the Hysteroscope inside properly. So he fiddled around which was quite painful and managed to get the first part in but not the blade to take out the polyp. There was a tiny polyp he said. He also said there was a little vein area at the neck of my cervix that could have been there since birth !! So he's said why don't I have the polyp removed and the colonoscopy ( which he wants to do to look at this area) together under a general anathstesia. I asked him straight out if he thought it was cancer and he said no. He was pretty sure this was benign and don't worry about cancer. So I'm a little relived. But still worrying a little bit.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:21 AM   #7
STLouisgal
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

I'm sorry the procedure was painful. The cervix does narrow as our estrogen levels fall so that can make it harder and more painful to get a look inside. It's good your doctor allayed your fears to a large degree. I hope the polyp removal and colposcopy go well and all looks good!

Reply Reply