It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board

Help with biopsy report.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2017, 04:40 PM   #1
Nina46
(female)

Nina46 HB User
Help with biopsy report.

I asked for a copy of my report ans was wondering if someone can help me with what it means.
1.shows packed endometrial glands most of which have no cytological atypia (SIMPLE HYPERPLASIA BY ITSELF).However there is a focal <2mm mild cytologic atypia of these hyperplastic glands. diagnostic of atypical endometrial hyperplasia.

2.There is no more than glandular focal confluence,no stromal desmoplasia,no infiltrative growth pattern, nor extensive papillary growth,no diagnostic feartures of endometrioid adenocarcinoma(which would be grade 1).But this cannot be ruled out with the small sample provided. A repeat more invasive biopsy is recommended.
DIAGNOSIS; atypical endometrial hyperplasia, no malignancy found.
HYSTERECTOMY IS CLINICALLY APPROPRIATE.

Can anyone please help me figure this out thanks.This was from my in office biopsy.

Last edited by Nina46; 12-12-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2017, 10:19 AM   #2
STLouisgal
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
Re: Help with biopsy report.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Based on what I've read about hyperplasia, I would want a D&C and biopsy from that. That gets a lot more tissue to test giving a more accurate diagnosis. But I've also read that it's important to have a pathologist who is very experienced at interpreting proliferative endometrial samples. Not only do we sometimes have to get second and third opinions from other providers, second opinions from pathologists may also be warranted and beneficial.

I wish you the best in getting accurate information and figuring out how to proceed. I've been through a gynecologic issue and wish I had done things differently, the most important ones being getting more opinions and not letting my long-time doctor rush me into surgery.

Reply Reply