It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board

• 5 Years Postmenopausal No HRT Bleeding

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-22-2019, 06:00 PM   #1
    bunnyangel
    (female)

bunnyangel HB User
    Post 5 Years Postmenopausal No HRT Bleeding

Hi! I really need some answers and hope someone can help me.

I'm 5 years post menopause (last period was 12/2014) and about 3 weeks ago had started bleeding. I went to ER cuz I freaked out and the ultrasound indicated endometrial hyperplasia along with a few other odd findings that I'm not too concerned with right this second. (both ovaries were a little larger than normal, there were follicles seen in both ovaries with no size mentioned, nabothian cysts, calcification seen in lower uterine segment.)
    The uterine lining was thickened at 0.7 cm or 7 mm, no intrauterine masses noted, with anteverted uterus measuring 8.8 X 4.3 X 4.2.
    I saw a gynecologist 2 days later and he wants to do a endometrial biopsy. He did say anytime there is postmenopausal bleeding it's something they want to look into further to rule out cancer.
    My problem is they haven't even scheduled it yet.
    Should it take this long for his wife to get the referral submitted to the insurance???

It's supposed to be done at the hospital on outpatient basis and I'm freaking out. I live in a rural community where the medical professionals leave a lot to be desired and I learned a long time ago I needed to advocate for myself.

My other question is has anyone had endometrial hyperplasia with bleeding, no history of HRT and been ok? I mean not cancer? There is cancer on both sides of my family breast, colon, lung and lymphoma.

I'm sorry this is so long. I've been scouring the internet for weeks and I'm making myself literally ill.

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2019, 03:44 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: 5 Years Postmenopausal No HRT Bleeding

Hi there. I have had a similar issue with the hyperplasia and yes, cancer was ruled out. I have had several uterine biopsies...

As far as how long it takes to get the preapproval- it can take a week and remember, this was a holiday week- so things are moving slowly.

Call the doctors office today to find out where they are in the pre-approval process. Let them know you are anxious- they will get back on it.

Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
    bunnyangel (04-23-2019)
    Old 04-23-2019, 06:20 AM   #3
    bunnyangel
    (female)

bunnyangel HB User
    Red face Re: 5 Years Postmenopausal No HRT Bleeding

Hi and thank you for responding! It's good to hear this can be something that's not cancer.

My appointment with the gynecologist was 3 weeks ago, April 2nd, when I was told they would be getting the biopsy scheduled. I feel like that is more than enough time for the doctor to contact the insurance.

I have called the office at least 3 times a week trying to get information and keep being told the doctors wife does the referrals and they don't have a number for her and the doctor is the only one who can contact her?

I guess I'm losing my patience and my mind since its not getting taken care of.

Thank you again and God Bless!!!

Old 04-23-2019, 12:34 PM   #4
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
    Re: 5 Years Postmenopausal No HRT Bleeding

Post-meno bleeding is more common than most people realize. Oftentimes, it ends up being nothing serious and can be chalked up to sporadic ovarian activity since our ovaries never completely shut down. Since the biopsy is being done in a hospital, are they doing a D&C versus just a biopsy? Hopefully, it will show nothing serious or if it does show hyperplasia, if you are having a D&C that should also treat it. Otherwise, medication may be all that's needed. Keep us posted.

The Following User Says Thank You to STLouisgal For This Useful Post:
    bunnyangel (04-23-2019)
    Reply Reply