It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board

• Recently diagnosed with Uterine Serous Carcinoma

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-18-2020, 12:18 PM   #1
    sheila3

sheila3 HB User
    Recently diagnosed with Uterine Serous Carcinoma

Hi, My wife was recently diagnosed with UPSC she's had a total hysterectomy and the stage came back from the pathology report as stage 1A grade 3. The size of the tumor was .4cm and the biopsies on the lymph nodes were negative. They still want her to go through the full course of chemo and she is very concerned about going through the chemo because of the side effects and that if she is cancer free after the surgery she would be putting her body through a lot unneccesarily. Has anyone here at this staging not followed the standard protocol and if so how are you doing? Also has anyone here taken a homeopathic,change of diet/ supplements etc. approach without doing the standard protocol and is still NED, and is there anyone here who has followed the standard protocol but also used homeopathic/diet/supplements along with it and did it help and you're still NED? I've heard conflicting reports on whether taking supplements/antioxidants etc. should be or should not be taken during chemo and or radiation therapy. Also has anyone had any other type of treatment for this such as immunotherapy etc. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2020, 06:49 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Recently diagnosed with Uterine Serous Carcinoma

You dont want to mix supplements with chemo...and supplements and natural meds are not going to guarantee that the cancer wont spread.

Have her listen to her doctor. If you are that unsure, get a second opinion from another oncologist ...but dont get advice on the net about treating cancer. There is a "snake oil salesman" on every corner promising you results..the results should only be offered from a medical professional.

Old 02-19-2020, 09:36 AM   #3
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

I have a friend who went through the same process...while chemo was uncomfortable at times, it was successful for her. The treatment wasn't bad. Plus there are meds to help with nausea. She did not lose any hair or have any extreme side effects.

I would skip the naturopathic in lieu of chemo as first-line treatment. Then what if it doesn't work?

Rogue cells are why they do the chemo treatment. In truth, it would scare me as well.

q

Old 02-19-2020, 09:43 AM   #4
    sheila3

sheila3 HB User

Hi Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately there's conflicting reports in the medical community. I've read that amifostine is given during chemo and or during radiation and that it's a very powerful anti-oxidant, yet some recommend against regular anti-oxidants during chemo. She's seen 2 oncologists and 1 was don't take them during and the other was more neutral about them. I've read on some cancer forums that there are people who have done the standard protocol and they ended up with recurrences and others that haven't and others that have passed away. I've also read about those that have done integrative and have had positive results and others that have had recurrences or passed away. The decision would be much easier if we knew that cancer was still present in her but we don't and unfortunately it appears that there's no definitive test on whether they got it all or not with the surgery. Thank you again for your help.

Old 02-19-2020, 09:46 AM   #5
    sheila3

sheila3 HB User

Thank you for your reply. Some people do have less serious side effects and are able to handle it and have better outcomes. Unfortunately we don't know until we're in it. Thank you so much for your help.

Reply Reply

« 2.4 stripe | - »