It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board

• Uterine thickening.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-01-2021, 12:19 PM   #1
    warmbreeze
    (female)

warmbreeze HB Userwarmbreeze HB User
    Uterine thickening.

Hello everyone. I am 65, post menopausal. About 6 weeks ago I had a lower abdominal ultrasound due to some pain that I was having. It was more of a muscular pain than a female issue pain, but a copy of my results were sent to my OB/GYN. I got a call from GYN saying that I needed to be seen right away as they found that my uterus was unusually thick for a post menopausal woman. I asked what that could mean and she basically told me that their concern was cancer. They told me they would check the schedule and call to get me in for a procedure to go in through my cervix to and scrap for cells for a biopsy. Of course I was anxious and worried. When they called me back several days later, they scheduled my appointment 6 weeks from them. I asked why so far in advance and they told me how busy the doctor was. i told her that I didn't want to worry for that long. My Dr has two offices and one that is further from me, so they said I could get in earlier if I agreed to go to the further office. I did and 2 weeks later I got in. My procedure didn't work as my cervix would not open. It was very painful, so they said I needed to go under anesthesia for it. Again they would call to schedule. 2 weeks went by and no word. I finally called them and they said they would check into it. 3 days later they call me with a schedule of a month from now. My question is, is this normal? I mean when you hear that someone has cancer people usually say "I hope they caught it on time" well they seem in no hurry to catch it on time if it is. I hoping someone can tell me if this typical for scheduling something like this. It will be over 3 months by the time I have this biopsy done. That is over 3 months of worrying about it everyday.

I'm not bleeding or having symptoms, but according to my dr, you don't always have bleeding. Thank you.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: warmbreeze
    bunnyangel (07-01-2021)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2021, 12:54 PM   #2
    bunnyangel
    (female)

bunnyangel HB User
    Re: Uterine thickening.

Hi~I don't have any advice to give since 2 years ago I had the same thing happen. I never did get the biopsy done and none of the doctors seem to care where I live. I filed a complaint with the state medical board and the only thing that happened was the doctor said he could no longer treat me because I filed a complaint. If I do have endometrial cancer, I'm SOL. It's supposed to be slow growing and I still have symptoms and spotting/bleeding. I pray you get an answer soon. God Bless!

Old 07-03-2021, 11:19 AM   #3
    warmbreeze
    (female)

warmbreeze HB Userwarmbreeze HB User
    Re: Uterine thickening.

That's terrible! I did hear from the doctor's office yesterday and they also told me it is slow growing and my concerns about the length of time before the procedure is understandable, but that they aren't concerned. So my procedure is set for July 30th. I really wish you would find someone to help you, you're in Texas according to your profile, so not some 3rd world country. Can you go out of your area? 2 years is a long time to have to think about what it could be. Thank you for your post.

Reply Reply