It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board

• Bleeding...Uterine Cancer

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-30-2005, 11:53 AM   #1
    noodles886
    (female)

noodles886 HB User
    Bleeding...Uterine Cancer

Does bleeding usually continue with uterine cancer? I am postmenopausal and had 2 days of very light-moderate bleeding from Dec 3-5, 2004. Have seen no signs of it since. My gyn. wasn't able to do standard procedures for diagnosis because I have a huge fibroid. Am seeing a gyn. oncologist on 2/7 but getting very nervous as appointment gets closer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2005, 02:28 PM   #2
    Marimac
    Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User
    Re: Bleeding...Uterine Cancer

Quote:
    Originally Posted by noodles886
    Does bleeding usually continue with uterine cancer? I am postmenopausal and had 2 days of very light-moderate bleeding from Dec 3-5, 2004. Have seen no signs of it since. My gyn. wasn't able to do standard procedures for diagnosis because I have a huge fibroid. Am seeing a gyn. oncologist on 2/7 but getting very nervous as appointment gets closer.
    An exam by an oncologist is a good idea but to calm your fears a little, fibroids can cause some bleeding. On the other side of the coin, you can have uterine cancer and limited bleeding. Since the cancer can be in different stages etc, if there is any, the exam by the oncologist is the best thing to do. There are many other reasons why you might experience some bleeding including heavy estrogen sites still doing their thing. Age is just a standard of measurement that the body does not always agree with. Menopause is a term for when the ovaries stop producing viable eggs. The only thing that really determines all of this is measuring the amounts of available hormones. The doctors can do all of that and make good recommendations. If you have to have cancer, uterine cancer in the early stages is the easiest to cure.

Closed Thread