It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board

• Endometrial Biopsy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-10-2005, 08:43 PM   #1
    DAVIS
    (female)

DAVIS HB User
    Endometrial Biopsy

Hi everyone. First time to the board so forgive me if i'm asking a duplicate questions here. I'm a 32yo went to dr last tues for prolonged periods (9days - light bleeding), and pain that is getting worse, tender abdominal at times, pain with intercourse ( that can last up to an hour after). Dr is checking my blood for anemia and thyroid problems. After pelvic exam (which was very painful) ordered a u/s for thursday to check thickness of lining. When asked he said if thin lining we'd find out why uterus was inflammed and if thick we'd discuss that later. Well- went for u/s and was told to come back in 2wks. When I asked why the u/s tech said they are doing an biopsy and that u/s showed thick lining, and no large fibroids seen. I have a family history of [email protected], and precanerous [email protected] I'm a bit (well- more than a bit) nervous about this all. and ya- last night after intercourse (without orgasm) started contractions that lasted on and off till 11am next morning. Any comments are appreciated.
    thanks

Last edited by DAVIS; 09-10-2005 at 08:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2005, 04:07 PM   #2
    flintrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
    Re: Endometrial Biopsy

I went for a u/s a couple weeks ago. I was bleeding very lightly for days..not period time, and docctor wanted to check lining also. I had an ablation a couple years ago, which is where they put hot fluid inside and burn the lining of your uterus...which means I should have a a thin lining. Ultra sound showed only 2-3 itsy bitsy cysts on my right ovary..said they would prob go away by themselves, but I am going in for a biopsy the 15th just for precautionary...my mom died of uterin cancer in 1969....so I'll keep you posted.................good luck to you!!

Old 09-14-2005, 11:06 PM   #3
    DAVIS
    (female)

DAVIS HB User

Dear Flinkrock,
    Good luck on your test today. Let me know how it went and all. I'll be praying for you.

Old 09-15-2005, 08:20 PM   #4
    flintrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

Your prayers worked!! Everything went fine...Procedure made me cramp some. doc gave me a shot of lanicane in that area....uh!! but it must have helped cause I didn't have any cramping or pain when I got home. Just a little bleeding...she gave me a pain pill to take before I went and that was the only thing I didn't like. Pain pills don't agree with me...so I am still wearing off from that and it's 10:20 p.m.!! All went well. Should know results by Wednesday....I don't foresee any problems though!! Thanks for the prayers...I love them!!!

Old 09-19-2005, 08:13 AM   #5
    DAVIS
    (female)

DAVIS HB User

flintrock, I'm so glad everything went well. I'll be praying your results give you good news. Let me know how things turn out. I have my biopsy this Thursday. Thanks..

Old 09-19-2005, 04:40 PM   #6
    flintrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

It was a piece of cake. Don't be nervous. Did your doc give you pain pill to take before hand? You'll feel a little cramping and that's it. I am going to call my doc tomorrow. I am still bleeding a little. Not much, not like a period or anything, just enough to be annoying..........good luck!! Prayers are with you...

Old 09-22-2005, 05:33 PM   #7
    flintrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Finally got my results today. No pre-cancerous tissue found.................thank heavens!!

Closed Thread