It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board

• concerns about an enlarged uterus the size of a 12wk preg. !!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-11-2006, 07:10 AM   #1
    WannaBpainFree
    (female)

WannaBpainFree HB User
    Unhappy concerns about an enlarged uterus the size of a 12wk preg. !!!!

hello all , first off i would like to say my prays go out to all who have uterine cancer or has past on ...... im sooo sorry to hear .well hear goes nothing , i had went to a gyn in aug of 2006 , he had told me that i have an enalrged uterus the size of a 12wk preg. but he thought that i may have fibroids , but he was only going by what i had told him . ok back on 2001 i went to a gyn she mentioned something about fibroids on my ovaries but a few days later i went to get a vag. ultrasound which in returned came out to be a 1cm cyst on my right ovary . now that was over 5 yrs ago, and i had told my gyn that. but he had told me that i would probley need a hysterectomy. i am only 30 yrs old i did have a tubel done when i was 21 , so yes there would be no need for my uterus . my pain is sooo bad ,even motrin isnt doing the trick anymore . cancer does run on both sides of my family and my grandmother died at 66 of cancer . my pain is in my uterus region , my hips , my back , and down my legs , when i sit my pelvic bone feels like its gonna burst, and sometimes i cant even walk cause my legs hurt so bad , i even sometimes get pain in my arms and cheek bones , and that could be from stress . but my spine is killing me the most , that is constant, the other pains come 2 wks before my period , and my periods are normal and sometimes i have blood clots for the first 2 days of my period , i get that for 5 days every 28 days . so im normal in that department. i get my just scared of the worse news . can anyone please tell with my symptoms what might be going on , and if anyone has had or having the same symptoms what there doc ssaid or had said it might be ? i thank you all for reading and respoding to me .and again my prayers go out to all who have had and has cancer ! may god watch over you and keep you safe !

The following user gives a hug of support to WannaBpainFree:
    Irishii58 (06-30-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
    missesbeames
    (female)

missesbeames HB User
    Re: concerns about an enlarged uterus the size of a 12wk preg. !!!!

I am having the same problems!! My uterus is enlarged and I have a cyst on my right ovary, but due to no health insurance I haven't had anything done but a CT int he E.R. Planned parenthood has called me twice to see if I went to the Gyno because they don't do ultrasounds here, but where I live you have to pay up front so it is just a cluster f%%k anyway, don't feel alone... I have heard things from fibroids to adenomyosis to cancer, which with my granny being a ovarian and uterine cancer survivor makes me nervous... Well, anyway, I know I was no help to you at all, but just don't feel alone and get checked as soon as possible. When I have the $$$ that is the first thing I am doing.... Take care, Joan

Old 10-16-2006, 12:29 PM   #3
    sunnydaze1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sunnydaze1 HB User

Don't automatically assume you have something horribly wrong with you just because of an enlarged uterus and heavy bleeding. It's quite common. In fact, I have a 12 week uterus myself, loaded with fibroids and a polyp.

I've had two D&C's in the past 6 years to remove polyps, (all benign btw) and have now developed yet another large one in only 12 months.

I'm in the process of scheduling a hysterectomy. I had a uterine biopsy done, my 6th, last week and then I can schedule. Like you both, I have very heavy bleeding full of clots, so bad, that it's hard to leave the house for a couple days for very long. I've had it. I'm 51, but no signs of menopause yet and I just can't go on living my life around a period anymore.

My suggestion is to go to your gynecologist and explain your symptoms; perhaps he'll do a biopsy. As far as your ovaries, cysts are also very common.

Good luck, and try not to think the worst.

Old 11-02-2006, 02:33 PM   #4
    sunflowergal
    (female)

sunflowergal HB User

Now, I'm no doctor, but I thought I'd offer you a little of my story in hopes that it will help...

A few years ago, I noticed an abdominal mass when lying in bed, yet as soon as I stood, it somehow "disappeared" or repositioned itself into me. I went to doctors, but they couldn't feel it and passed it off as nothing important. A few months later, I went in for my regular gyno exam and she mentioned that my uterus was enlarged to look like I was 10 wks pregnant. I knew I was not, so she sent me in for ultrasounds, which were later followed by a CT scan. The CT scan proved to be more successful - there was obviously a mass - although they couldn't figure out where it was exactly (on/in which organ), but it was a starting point. They had me in for surgery where they found it was a 10 cm cyst INSIDE my right ovary (in case you're not sure, an ovary is typically about the size of a golf ball).

Very fortunately, they were able to safely remove the cyst, without sacrificing the ovary (I've had it checked since and it's fine). Strangely enough, I was in NO pain whatsoever, but I could see where somebody with the same problem could be in pain. I would highly recommend getting a CT scan - and somebody who can read it correctly - because if I'd waited too much longer, it could have burst. I'm not meaning to scare you and I realize it's difficult without insurance, but I would make it a priority - and maybe look into state health insurance.

Good luck and try not to worry - just get into the doctor for further testing as worrying isn't going to help the situation!

Old 11-05-2006, 10:30 PM   #5
    texan1771
    (female)

texan1771 HB User

Hello I will also add if there is a university hospitial in your area go there they have excellant staff and state funding I am not paying a dime for my insurance I am going thru University of Texas MD Anderson.PLEASE GET CHECKED!!!! let us know Ginger

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Ginger

Old 12-05-2006, 08:36 AM   #6
    WannaBpainFree
    (female)

WannaBpainFree HB User
    Unhappy Re: concerns about an enlarged uterus the size of a 12wk preg. !!!!

well hello all , i hope u all had a great thanksgiving . well the day i posted this i ended up going to the E.R. because of my pains . i do have a fibroid tumor the size of an orange ( 7cmx6cmx6cm ). i am sry i havent posted earlier . just been busy . anyways i am suspose to be getting schedule for a hysterectomy sometime in jan. the pains are just sometimes unbareable . yesterday i went to ym gyn . for a urine sample to check to see if i had any infections of course no i didnt . because i have been having pains in my back and sides where the kidneys are they were hurting and having a burning sensation exspecially when i leaned against something. well i was told that its my tumors they are propbley pressing against the ureters that connect ot the bladder and kidneys . and i also read that it can do damage to your bladder and kidneys . but theres really nothing more they can do until i get my surgery . all they said was take more ibprofin ( 800mg) . wel thats what has happened with me in the past couple of months . i guess i just ride it out until i get my surgery . . anyways i did find out it that the tumor is in my endometrial wall . but thats all they told me . its like they dontwant to tell em anything becuasei m just gonna get it taken out anyways . but dont i have a right to know where these things are in my body ? i guess ill find out sooner or later . well u all take care and gl with your sistuations .

Old 12-13-2006, 09:54 PM   #7
    chikkie14
    Veteran
    (female)

chikkie14 HB User

Hi, I am just curious. I don't really know if I have tumor cyst or anything inside me. But my period had alway sbeen delayed ever since.. but sualy its s cycle of two months and its so painful. But after a case of ectopic pregnancy which i had undegone surgery and D&C th epain become bearbale but persistent.. and it starts of as early as 3 weeks before... I also have some spotting. I should be having my period anytime soon, but the pain have been here for a long time... headaches, leg cramps and lower back ache.. my lower abs is bigger (although it had always been like that) I just had a checkup with my gyne... did a viganal ultrasound ..but he did it so fast..(just to check if im pregnant) and said see nohting just my uterus is thick... sorry for the long story.. what i really wanted to know is can I rely on that ultrasound to know if there is somethimg wrong inside of me? cyst, tumor perhaps? I mean he just check for pregnacny but will he see any thing else? eally sorry for such a long post.. thanksin advance.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:46 PM   #8
    ginger64
    (female)

ginger64 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by texan1771 View Post
    Hello I will also add if there is a university hospitial in your area go there they have excellant staff and state funding I am not paying a dime for my insurance I am going thru University of Texas MD Anderson.PLEASE GET CHECKED!!!! let us know Ginger
    Hi, after seeing your name I had to respond. My name is also Ginger I went last month to my gyn and he told me my uterus was the size of 13 week pregency. I knew I was not pregant. He did mention fibroids but I went for a sonogram in a different hospital due to ins. and my gyn did not like the readings the sonogram person did. So I have another appoitment July 24 to do another sonogram at his office and I have to pay out of pocket (at this point I don't care). I don't have any pains but always noticed my stomach always looked pregrant but contributed to two C sections and was cut vertical. So I'm just waiting for my next appoitment.

Closed Thread