It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board

• Going for an endo biopsy Monday, I am scared.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-20-2007, 08:47 PM   #1
    hotdam
    Veteran
    (female)

hotdam HB User
    Going for an endo biopsy Monday, I am scared.

I am a vervous wreck about this procedure on Monday, for those of you who had it done please tell me what to expect.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2007, 08:59 AM   #2
    mbbasketball
    (female)

mbbasketball HB User
    Re: Going for an endo biopsy Monday, I am scared.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hotdam View Post
    I am a vervous wreck about this procedure on Monday, for those of you who had it done please tell me what to expect.
    I just had this procedure done about 3 weeks ago. It was painful to say the least. But the good thing was the procedure did not take long, just seemed long. I could not take any meds before going to the dr, because of other medical issues. I did drive myself home and when I got home was able to take pain meds which helped with the cramping. I did bleed or spot for a week afterwards. I am now scheduled for a D&C with hysterscopy. The biopsy came back with endometrial changes possible fibroid/polyps. I do have several fibroids, but US did not show polyps. At least this procedure will be done at a hospital and I will be knocked out. Good luck

Old 09-28-2007, 04:15 PM   #3
    chodin
    (female)

chodin HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hotdam View Post
    I am having an endometrial biopsy on Oct 18th. I was on my period (just started that morning) when I had my pap (the doc opted to do it). My pap came back with endo cells present (duh!) -- am still wondering why another pap was just not done first. My docs office says 'better safe than sorry'. Please let me know how your biopsy goes. I was told to take 800mg ibuprofen 30 min. prior to the procedure. I plan to take .5 Xanax, as well! Best of luck for minimal discomfort.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:16 PM   #4
    vallegrrl
    (female)

vallegrrl HB User

I just had one two weeks ago. I could feel the scraping but I did not think it was painful, about the same as a pap. I had taken no meds-thought I was just going in for a consultation, but the gyn said she wanted a biopsy before I left that day. I had about two hours of moderate bleeding, gone by the next morning, slight crampy discomfort for about a day, but I was up and around right away.

This week I had a saline infusion sonohistograph - a vaginal ultrasound, part way through they put saline into the uterus so they can check for polyps- I had a big one. I took 4 ibuprofen ahead of time because they said I could. I thought it was about the same as the endo biopsy, not painful, just very wet, went grocery shopping on my way home, then worked half a day.
    Today I had a mammogram on one of the new digital machines.
    Next is a hysteroscopy and D&C, then I hope I'm done.

I know that everyone is different and some people do have more pain with these procedures- I'm just saying this is how it was for me. I'm a 62 year old nurse and have always hated going to the doctor.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:19 PM   #5
    hotdam
    Veteran
    (female)

hotdam HB User

Chodin, I had my Endo Biopsy this past Monday, I took 1 mg of Xanax not a half, it wasnt bad at all, I worked myself up for nothing, but everyone is different in the pain threshold. I still havent heard anything back yet, which of course is driving me crazy, so now for the entire weekend I am going to worry. I called the doctors office today and was told the results had not come in yet.

I have a twin in California who has an extremely large fybroid the size of a 4mos pregnant woman, she is of course having surgery to remove it. So who knows maybe thats whats wrong with me as well. good luck to all of us and personally they can just take it all and be done with it.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:02 PM   #6
    chodin
    (female)

chodin HB User

Vallegrrl & Hotdam: Thanks so much for the replys. I appreciate knowing I'll survive it! I think the Xanax is a great idea. I usually only do .5 mg, so I'll do that and 800mg ibuprofen...I have to go back to work afterwards. I think I work myself up about things, too. I know I have fibroids, so it will be interesting to know what this is about. Tomorrow I'm having a colonoscopy (screening) and an EGD for some throat issues. Life is great, eh!
    chodin

Old 10-01-2007, 07:25 PM   #7
    hotdam
    Veteran
    (female)

hotdam HB User

ok girls I got my results today and the test came back normal, I am still bleeding on and off I am now going to get my period as it is due this week, I have been craving sugar in the worst way this month than I have in years, I dont eat sweets on a normal basis, but geez I cant get enough. I am going to make an appt with my Gyno instead of my regular doc for all of my female needs at this point. My Dr. seems to think the prempro he gave me that I have been taking for almost a year is causing my cylce to be out of wack, it sure would be nice to know.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:33 PM   #8
    chodin
    (female)

chodin HB User

Hotdam: (funny name! a good chuckle!) I'm so glad your test results were normal! The sugar thing...have you been checked for diabetes? It's crazy trying to figure out why our bodies are behaving badly! I had an EGD and colonoscopy Monday (both were normal) and getting a migraine/vomiting after the loopy loopy drugs, I think the endomet. biopsy will be cake. Peace!

Old 10-03-2007, 07:19 PM   #9
    hotdam
    Veteran
    (female)

hotdam HB User

it used to be hotdami812, Yes I have been checked a while ago, this happens everymonth but worse this month than normal so I will talk to my gyno about it and see what he says. whats an EGD? I havent had a colonoscopy yet that will be next on the list. its funny before all of this anxiety and perimenopause I never went but once a year, now I need to put stock in my doctors office.i am sure your endo will be apiece of cake also,

Old 10-03-2007, 07:47 PM   #10
    chodin
    (female)

chodin HB User

EGD: endogastroduodenoscopy - fancy term for looking down your throat all the way through your stomach to the duodenum, the first part of your small intestine (I work in the medical field), using a camera type scope. I have had a sore throat for over 2 months (no tonsils either) and was put on Protonix which has helped slowly, over time (it takes 8 weeks for the esophagus to heal), docs thought it was silent GERD (reflux); hence, let's do an EGD and see what's up...nothing! So, who knows, I'll see the gastro doc in 3 weeks, why I don't know. The worst part was the prep for the colonoscopy, which I had since I was going to be put under anyway and then after all was done (both procedures took under 30 min. total), I did ok until late afternoon I had a migraine attack w/vomiting. All this fun and menopause, too. AFter this endomet. biopsy, I think I'll drive myself to the beach and sit for as long as I want. Then, I think to myself, get over the pitty party, there are people out there who are enduring more than I ever can imagine.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:14 PM   #11
    gabluzee
    (female)

gabluzee HB User

I had an endometrial biopsy a few days ago. It wasn't too, too bad. It seemed to be a relatively quick procedure. There was some cramping during and after, but nothing a little ibuprofen couldn't fix or, if your doc offers something stronger, nothing that that couldn't fix! The worst part is waiting to find out what's what and where to go from there. I am absolutely petrified.

Good luck to you and I hope your results are good ones!!

Old 10-07-2007, 01:18 PM   #12
    chodin
    (female)

chodin HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gabluzee View Post
    I had an endometrial biopsy a few days ago. It wasn't too, too bad. It seemed to be a relatively quick procedure. There was some cramping during and after, but nothing a little ibuprofen couldn't fix or, if your doc offers something stronger, nothing that that couldn't fix! The worst part is waiting to find out what's what and where to go from there. I am absolutely petrified.

Good luck to you and I hope your results are good ones!!
    You're in my prayers ! Just be positive and remember that there are more than one reason for doing the biopsy and the most common results are normal! It's never easy for anyone to wait for results; just know you are not alone and we are always here for support.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:20 PM   #13
    hotdam
    Veteran
    (female)

hotdam HB User

gab, I am sure everything will be fine, I know I was a wreck waiting, to find out everything was fine. If you need us we are here for you.

Old 10-13-2007, 07:33 PM   #14
    Belle2003
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Belle2003 HB User

Ladies,

I am premenopausal. I have had in between spotting twice this year. I know that this can happen when you are getting close to menopause. I panic when it happens because I know it could be signs of cancer. My question to you is how long did you wait to go see the doctor about this? Did you go because of the frequency? I still get my monthly period, but like I said about twice a year I get in between spotting.

Thank you in advance.
    Liz

Old 10-13-2007, 08:44 PM   #15
    hotdam
    Veteran
    (female)

hotdam HB User

I originally went months ago to have him put me on something for the night sweats, hotflashes the premenopausal stuff, than I started getting my period twice a month he blew it off as premenopause, he told me the prempro would help with that. it did for a little while than it started again. well when i made an appt because of it he tells me that the pap they did in January came back with endometriosis cells, I asked him why i wasnt told until then, he said he wasnt concerned until i started getting my periods twice a month.he took me off of prempro and said to wait till I have a full period and than if it happens again to let him knowl

Closed Thread