It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board

• Help ..... thick uterus and fibroyds

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #1
    aubmari34
    (female)

aubmari34 HB User
    Help ..... thick uterus and fibroyds

Any help you can give would be appreciated!! I am 31 yrs and have had a previos cone biopsy (cervix) for precancerous cells and high dysplasia and now 2nd round of female issues. I saw my GYN because my periods have been horrible with extreme bleeding which cause severe anemia which led to a transfusion a year ago. I went in two weeks ago and had an ultrasound and showed a fybroid or cyst and my endo lining is showing 13mm as well. I am scheduled to see the dr again in 2 weeks. But I have been trying to get as much info as possible with not much luck. Has anyone else had this same experience or similar. The nurse said today something about a D&C.

Also I currently am scheduled to go in on 01/02 to have a ductal excision of the rt breast for discharge I am having. Could any of this be related? Hormones?

I am at my wits end!!

Thank you in advance
    Aubmari

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2007, 02:28 PM   #2
    shisslak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
    Re: Help ..... thick uterus and fibroyds

I just went through this last month. Had some discomfort and my gyn ordered an u/s. This showed a thickened endometrium of 18mm. My doc first did an endometrial biopsy which is a procedure done in the office. It takes a little over 10 minutes to perform. Some patients have discomfort with this, I really only had some cramping and back pain. This went away in a couple of hours. It has been suggested that you take advil or tylenol before this test. My biopsy results came back negative; however, since I had a previous diagnosis of atypical hyperplasia of the breast I have not allowed to have any more hormones with is typically the treatment for this condition. so my doc did a d/c which again is a simple procedure; however, it must be done in the operating room because they do put you to sleep. Again the pathology came back negative.
    Hormones due play a part in the thickening, sometimes for some reason you produce to much estogen. I hope everything does work out for you and this information helps you relax.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:34 PM   #3
    aubmari34
    (female)

aubmari34 HB User
    Re: Help ..... thick uterus and fibroyds

Thank you for the info!! It is hard sometimes not to feel like, as I call it.... "A walking case of almost cancer" This will be the 3rd time I have had a scare and I really hope that this is exactly what it is... a scare.

Thanks again for your quick reply.

Closed Thread