It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board

Hard immovable lump for 4 years and swollen lymph nodes

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2016, 02:28 PM   #1
jam89
(male)

jam89 HB User
Hard immovable lump for 4 years and swollen lymph nodes

Hi there, for the past 4 years I have had a hard immovable lump behind my ear that has never changed or grown at all and the nearby lymph nodes have also always been swollen as long as that lump has been there. Every doctor I have seen has told me that if it was cancer that the lump would have grown by now. I'm not sure if a cyst would have made them enlarge but I'm very very worried about this... I have read about encapsulated tumors or something and can't find much info on them but I'm so very worried about all of this that I have cancer. Can a cyst make these lymph nodes enlarge?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2016, 09:16 AM   #2
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Hard immovable lump for 4 years and swollen lymph nodes

If every doctor said it's not cancer, I would believe it. I assume they recommended that it not be removed.

How about taking a dietary approach. There are diets that promote cancer and diets that fight cancer. Animal products are said to promote cancer (if it exists) and a good plant based diet can fight or suppress cancer.

For example, recent (human) studies show that phytates work to target cancer cells for destruction while leaving normal cells unharmed. Phytates are found in many different types of seeds, like beans, whole grains, nuts, sunflower seeds, flax seeds etc.. Also, cruciferous vegetables, like broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage, are said to help prevent cancer.

Would a change of diet make a non-cancerous tumor go away? I don't know, but it wouldn't hurt to try. I wouldn't just sit and wait for the possibility of things getting worse.

Last edited by JohnR41; 05-18-2016 at 09:21 AM.

Old 02-14-2017, 04:01 PM   #3
TheLegend27
(male)

TheLegend27 HB User
Re: Hard immovable lump for 4 years and swollen lymph nodes

It's been there a while so if it was something serious surely it would have caused some problems by now. The only way a doctor can be 100% sure it's not cancer is a biopsy. But the doctors are not suspecting cancer so you may have to request a biopsy for a peace in mind.

Reply Reply