It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board

Scared, anxious for results

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2017, 06:11 AM   #1
sgtgrl
(female)

sgtgrl HB User
Scared, anxious for results

I had an MRI done yesterday at 4 PM for a lump that was felt behind my knee by my orthopedic doctor. I've been seeing an orthopedist for leg weakness and lump behind my knee. He told me that he wasn't at all concerned about the lump. He was sending me for an EMG which he thought could be related to the weakness in my leg. The EMG came back totally normal so he said he thought the issue was in my back. He said he would go ahead and send me for the knee MRI just to make sure the lump wasn't pressing on any nerves or arteries that could be causing the pain. After the MRI was done the technician came in and said don't be surprised if they call you over the weekend to come back for a contrast MRI. Obviously, I asked why? She said there was something on the scan but didn't know what it was. She told me to come back to look at it on the screen. I asked her if she thought it was something bad and she said no she just hadn't seen something like that before that it was small and she didn't know what exactly it was. She said it could be on a nerve sheath or it could be a lymph node. I again asked should I be concerned? She said "this is nothing to write home about."

I was getting dressed and I overheard the front desk lady ask her where to send my scans and she said send them to the radiologist at her house. I'm freaking out! If this weren't something serious why would she make those comments and send my scans to the radiologists house? Is that typical procedure for later appointments on Fridays that they get the scans at their house to review for the weekend? Any insight would be very helpful

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply