It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board

Could this be cancer?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2017, 03:29 PM   #1
essentialkween
(female)

essentialkween HB User
Exclamation Could this be cancer?

Hey, so I've been experiencing a bunch of weird symptoms recently. I've been speaking with doctors, and they keep saying they don't think it is cancer because I'm too young (I'm 20), or that it might have shown up on some of the tests they did, but they also keep saying they have no idea and think it will be something unusual.

My symptoms started with back pain, bone pain/aches (in the long bones, not joints), and weakness. It started out low and occasional but over the course of this month they have gotten much more severe. It keeps me up at night, some days I can't walk well because of it. It is severe pain and weakness, but I'm not sleepy I still have energy.

I'm also getting some abdominal pain and nausea, I've lost 15 lbs in 2 months without trying, I have no appetite, I'm getting headaches and my right inner ear hurts sometimes. I have extreme dizziness at times, and severe chills frequently, but no fever or throwing up.

My vitamin D is very low, but my calcium is high (but not high enough for hypercalcimia). My pth is low though so no hyperparathyroidism. My bilirubin is elevated (2.7), and my Albumin is high, but my other liver tests are normal. I had a comprehensive metabolic panel and that came back basically normal, my red and white blood cells are within a normal range.

I had a bone scan and my bones are slightly above average, so I don't have osteopenia or osteoporosis. I also had an ultrasound done of my entire abdomen and it all looks fine.

Even though I'm only 19, could this be metastatic cancer or bone cancer of some kind? Could it possibly be pancreatic cancer because of the bilirubin? I'm going to see an oncologist Thursday, what should I ask? What tests would be good to do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2017, 04:35 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Could this be cancer?

Several of your symptoms relate to gallbladder - back pain, digestive issues, elevated billirubin. Have you had an abdominal ultrasound? HIDA scan??

Old 03-14-2017, 04:37 PM   #3
essentialkween
(female)

essentialkween HB User

I had an ultrasound of my entire abdomen yesterday, it was completely clear, and I spoke with a gastroenterologist who said he wasn't concerned about anything in it and didn't know what my symptoms could be indicative of.

Old 03-14-2017, 06:01 PM   #4
sgtgrl
(female)

sgtgrl HB User

An abdominal ultrasound is really accurate at picking up abnormalities that need further investigation. You can pretty much rest assured it's not a cancer (of the abdomen anyway) High bilirubin without other highly elevated liver enzymes doesn't signal anything of a sinister nature. Gi doctors are pretty intelligent folk and if they say they aren't worried, believe them

Now as far as questions to ask, tell them your symptoms and let them decide what tests should be run. Keep advocating for your health and keep us posted.

Reply Reply