It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board

Node found between abdominal wall - thoughts?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2017, 09:02 AM   #1
theswordpen
(female)

theswordpen HB User
Exclamation Node found between abdominal wall - thoughts?

I have RA and Scleroderma, two autoimmune diseases. I recently went in for an MRI of literally just a lipoma but on the results they found "incidentally" a likely lymph node but still unspecific node between my abdominal wall and my latissimus dorsi. My Rheumy has suggested I see a surgeon to take it out (for what I assume is a biopsy) because I'm on a high dose of Methotrexate.

I see the surgeon in 2 weeks. My side of the MRI results though say a few things I'd like decoded. I've googled the crap out of it and it doesn't sound good...but I'm hoping someone here can help me decode some of this. I did my MRI with and without contrast -

Results:
Deep to this, and between the latissimus dorsi and abdominal wall musculature, is a small nodule measuring approximately 9 x 6 mm in transaxial dimensions and 15 mm in the craniocaudad dimension. Signal is similar to muscle on T1, but bright on T2. The lesion is well-circumscribed. It enhances.

**2. Incidental note of a 6 x 9 x 15 mm enhancing soft tissue nodule between the right latissimus dorsi and abdominal wall musculature. Question if this could be the cause of the patient's pain. This is favored represent a lymph node, but it is nonspecific.

I read that enhancing nodes are bad....and being bright on the T2 is bad? The node isn't very big, it's like 2cm and my Rheumy said "it's so small it's low risk." But I trust no one anymore after being diagnosed with two rare things for a 26yr old.

Has anyone has similar experiences? Similar spots for a mass? Should I be worried or not? And what the hell exactly does it mean that it enhanced....

Additionally - I think I've been losing weight too fast. I've been overweight and switched my diet 3 months ago to a Ketogenic diet that has been helping me a lot. About 2 weeks ago though I started losing weight much faster (I've lost about 10 pounds in two weeks) and last night we had a "cheat night" where I ate pizza and brownies etc...I woke up this morning and didn't gain anything 0.o Is that weird? Or am I over-analyzing?

Last edited by theswordpen; 06-06-2017 at 09:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply