It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board

• Left supraclavicular lymph node

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-24-2018, 05:04 PM   #1
    Kimmerly
    (female)

Kimmerly HB User
    Left supraclavicular lymph node

I have had a lump in my neck for many years. Saw an ENT long ago who said it was much too small to worry about. A few months ago I noticed it had grown. Went to GP who sent me for an ultrasound. I have not seen the results, but the nurse called and said it was an abnormal supraclavicular lymph node and said they would have someone call to schedule a biopsy. That is scheduled for May 31.

I did some googling and that pretty well freaked me out.

My question though: It's been there for years, I would think that would mean if it were cancer I'd have had some kind of symptom at this point wouldn't I?

Of note, I have Lupus Tumidus (a rare form of cutaneous lupus, it is not supposed to be systemic though I have had systemic issues in the past, but not recently).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2018, 08:29 AM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Left supraclavicular lymph node

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kimmerly View Post
    I have had a lump in my neck for many years. Saw an ENT long ago who said it was much too small to worry about. A few months ago I noticed it had grown. Went to GP who sent me for an ultrasound. I have not seen the results, but the nurse called and said it was an abnormal supraclavicular lymph node and said they would have someone call to schedule a biopsy. That is scheduled for May 31.

I did some googling and that pretty well freaked me out.

My question though: It's been there for years, I would think that would mean if it were cancer I'd have had some kind of symptom at this point wouldn't I?

Of note, I have Lupus Tumidus (a rare form of cutaneous lupus, it is not supposed to be systemic though I have had systemic issues in the past, but not recently).
    The first sign of some types of cancer can be an enlarged lymph node without any other symptoms. Lymph nodes can be enlarged in lupus and infections as well. In that location, it always requires a biopsy just to make sure if the node is over 1 centimeter diameter. So you are doing the right thing and it isnít too far away. Also, you sought help right away after noticing growth. I hope the time passes quickly and your results are benign!

Reply Reply