It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board

• Your opinion needed - is there a way out of end stage cancer?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-14-2022, 07:34 AM   #1
    motherenabler
    (female)

motherenabler HB User
    Exclamation Your opinion needed - is there a way out of end stage cancer?

Hello, is there a way out for end stage cancer?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2022, 08:19 AM   #2
    Insanus
    (male)

Insanus HB UserInsanus HB UserInsanus HB UserInsanus HB UserInsanus HB UserInsanus HB User
    Re: Your opinion needed - is there a way out of end stage cancer?

If there was why would it be called end stage cancer?

Old 07-04-2022, 10:02 AM   #3
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Way out as in quick death or cure?
    q

Old 07-12-2022, 03:52 PM   #4
    MindOverLife

MindOverLife HB User

I don't know enough about cancer but I assume "end stage" means medical intervention is no longer thought to be helpful towards a cure. I have however met someone who had a stage 4 cancer at age 29 and managed to cure it.

Old 08-29-2022, 01:56 PM   #5
    WomanOnTheWeb
    (female)

WomanOnTheWeb HB User

I recently removed ALL synthetic chemicals from my life, ie everything I put on or into my body (all synthetic chemicals/products link back to carcinogens, endocrine disruptors and neurotoxins) and I have seen amazing results like curing fibromyalgia, getting rid of rock hard decades old lymph nodes, and depression/anxiety, and so many other things, though it has not been tried for cancer but I wonder if that would help. The incidence of spontaneous remission is about one in a hundred thousand, which is much higher than I would have thought.

People might say it's wishful thinking, but I truly believe this could help.

Old 09-22-2022, 11:46 AM   #6
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by motherenabler View Post
    Hello, is there a way out for end stage cancer?
    Cancer cells need to be fed lots of pro-growth foods in order to keep growing. Pro-growth foods are the foods that will either make a person grow tall, like eating lots of animal protein, or grow fat by consuming lots of processed carbohydrates, oils and (again) animal protein, especially fatty protein.

So it would help to become a vegan which most people won't do or can't do.
    And it would help to become a special type of vegan who's willing to eliminate all processed foods. But who would be willing to do that?

And there are some foods that are known to be anti-angiogenic. They are known to help starve cancer.

You can do some research on anti-angiogenic foods.

But, as I have said, most people would not be able to do all of the above, for whatever reason, especially without a guarantee that it would be successful.

Last edited by JohnR41; 09-24-2022 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Rewording

Old 09-26-2022, 04:33 PM   #7
    IADT3since2000
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

IADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB User

The odds are not good, generally, but many patients considered "end stage" have succeeded in long-term remission/cure.

Sometimes technology advances, and those who are among the first to get the advance escape from "end stage", while those with the same conditions who come after them are no longer considered end stage. Good examples are childhood leukemia, which was a death sentence not that many years ago but is now curable. Another example is testicular cancer, which was also a death sentence until just shortly before cyclist Lance Armstrong was diagnosed and received the new treatment, which cured his cancer and the cancers of those like him. About 20 years ago, the drug Gleevec changed chronic myelogenous leukemia from a fatal disease to a chronic disease.

Sometimes the technology has been around for a while but is known to some types of doctors, for example, medical oncologists, but not to others, say surgeons. Patients fortunate or diligent enough to find the doctors with the "know how" make it to remission or cure, while the rest do not. I was kind of in the successful group (also lucky).

Obviously, the type of cancer makes a difference. Several of us responding here have had prostate cancer, a disease where there has been great progress over the years, averaging substantial advances nearly every year over the past two decades. Other cancers, such as most types of pancreatic cancer (as I understand it as a layman), have seen only slow, grudging advances. Hopefully that will change.

Good luck!

Jim

Reply Reply