It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board

• I just got the call - I have a testicular cyst

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-30-2004, 02:28 PM   #1
    Emak

Emak HB User
    I just got the call - I have a testicular cyst

After worrying myself over testicular cancer, I have just got the dr's call that I have a testicular cyst and the lady on the phone told me it's nothing to worry about. I have to wonder though, could this lady be wrong? Will I have to get treatment?...and or.. 1. Can cysts turn into cancer? 2. Could it be associated with an STD?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2004, 06:41 PM   #2
    lilsunshine46
    Veteran
    (female)

lilsunshine46 HB User
    Re: I just got the call - I have a testicular cyst

I do remember the dr telling my son that if his wasn't a varococele that it could be the cyst and it could be STD related or at least sexually transmitted. Not something that a teenage boy wants his mother to know you know. His is the varicose vein problem due to blood flow so ...

I don't know about it turning into cancer but if you are still worrying maybe you need to talk to the dr and not the nurse. Nurses should not be the ones giving medical advice over the phone to patients.
    Good luck.

Closed Thread