It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board

• If a Bump was cancer would it be hard??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-30-2003, 07:51 AM   #1
    Cymidei Fier

Cymidei Fier HB User
    Question If a Bump was cancer would it be hard??

Well everytime i go to the darn doctor he says the bump i have on my stomach is not cancer or the bump in my arm.

The bump on my arm feels like a rubber ball about the size of a dime. And the bump on my stomach is a little bigger and feels the same.

Doc never did no test just keeps feeling them and says don't worry it's not cancer.

I have had these bumps for almost 3 years and i was never ill. But the last 6 months i have stomach pains and my arm hurts from time to time where the bump is not to mention i have chest pains 24 hours a day.

Is there any chance this is cancer? can you get a cyst under ur skin like that?

I am so lost doc say i am fine but i always feel sicks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2003, 08:00 AM   #2
    Kalie
    (female)

Kalie HB User
    Find a new Dr who will send you for the tests you need.

My tumor felt hard beneath my skin. Have your lumps grown or changed shape at all? 3 yrs is a long time -- generally cancer will grow in that time period.

Old 10-30-2003, 08:25 AM   #3
    Cymidei Fier

Cymidei Fier HB User
    No they are the same size have not changed but for the last 6 to 7 months i always feel ill

Old 10-30-2003, 07:46 PM   #4
    projapoti
    Inactive

projapoti HB User
    if they haven't changed, they are unlikely cancer....though I think you should have at least a biopsy taken to make sure. I wonder why that hasn't been done yet.

Old 11-04-2003, 06:05 PM   #5
    enyceexdanny

enyceexdanny HB User
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cymidei Fier
    Well everytime i go to the darn doctor he says the bump i have on my stomach is not cancer or the bump in my arm.

The bump on my arm feels like a rubber ball about the size of a dime. And the bump on my stomach is a little bigger and feels the same.

Doc never did no test just keeps feeling them and says don't worry it's not cancer.

I have had these bumps for almost 3 years and i was never ill. But the last 6 months i have stomach pains and my arm hurts from time to time where the bump is not to mention i have chest pains 24 hours a day.

Is there any chance this is cancer? can you get a cyst under ur skin like that?

I am so lost doc say i am fine but i always feel sicks
    I am pretty much in the same situation as you. Except that I have swollen lymphnodes all over my neck,groin,armpit.. for over 3 years.. I too was never ill, but recently I've been feeling pretty crappy. Constantly feel sharp stabbing pains on my chest (heart area) , lower back. Arm/leg aches.. etc..

I've visited many doctors in the past 3 years.. They all seem to not pay too much attention to it. My last doctors appointment , which was 3 days ago didn' go well. He didn't even pay attention to my problems, instead he consistently tried to perscribe some acne medicine.. (Which i did some research on the net, and is known to be a very harmful medication)

So , I am once again in a quest to find a good doctor. (it's a bit harder for me because I do not have insurance. So it costs me a good hundred or two dollars to see one).

Now, to answer your question.. I am not going to lie to you, there is a definite chance that it can be cancer. There's noway to tell unless you run additional tests.. Especially a biopsy.

I've put off getting a biopsy done for a year or two, because of cost issues and the fact that I've never had surgery and I'm scared.. =X
    but I'm getting a feeling that I shouldn't wait any longer. So once I get insurance (hopefully starting 2004), I will get it surgically removed.

I'm so nervous about getting it done, but at this point - the frustration of not knowing the reason for these lymphnodes and feeling sick is overcomming the nervousness...

Last edited by enyceexdanny; 11-04-2003 at 06:08 PM.

Old 11-04-2003, 08:37 PM   #6
    Jrenter
    (female)

Jrenter HB User
    Find a new doctor who will tell you what it is. My grandfather, who does have cancer, has a huge tumor in his right bicep. It's hard as cement and he can't move it. I would get a new doctor to look at it.

Closed Thread